Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
DON

Oct 11, 7:30 Kings vs Habs

Recommended Posts

Same issue as last year. No plays forcing the goalie to move laterally. Dominate possession but no finish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drouin has looked good tonight.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Small keanu reaves takes the interference. Should complete the shutout for la

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope. That this is the last time the 93 stanley cup is ever mentioned. Ever again.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, nihilz said:

I hope. That this is the last time the 93 stanley cup is ever mentioned. Ever again.

 

 

Well, without any more championships to draw from over the last quarter century, what the hell else can they use as the basis for these ceremonies? Jesse Belanger Night? Scott Gomez bobbleheads? Pierre Gauthier Celebration Night - ? Remembering the 'great' run of 2010? Holy slim pickings, Batman.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

 

Well, without any more championships to draw from over the last quarter century, what the hell else can they use as the basis for these ceremonies? Jesse Belanger Night? Scott Gomez bobbleheads? Pierre Gauthier Celebration Night - ? Remembering the 'great' run of 2010? Holy slim pickings, Batman.

 

Easy. No more ceremonies, until there is something to be ceremonious about.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not as bad as last year, Lehkonen had a rough game, Price was not superhuman, Petry was usual self and Mete & Tatar had trouble  with the bigger opposition.

 

If this is the worst this team plays all season when overmatched, I am alright with it. There is effort and intensity in their play this year and I am sure they will make the necessary adjustements.

 

I am optimistic about this team.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Neech said:

 

Kovalev elbow on Tucker memorial month.

Best elbow ever..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Neech said:

 

Kovalev elbow on Tucker memorial month.

Here here!  Kovalev for Prime-Minister!!

 

I must admit it was a little disappointing watching our boys getting spanked last night. Like someone else mentionned, we had the opportunities, but we couldn't finish. Hopefully that will change over the year!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Alpine said:

Best elbow ever..

No, that would be Chelios or one of Ludwig's.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Habsfan said:

Here here!  Kovalev for Prime-Minister!!

 

I must admit it was a little disappointing watching our boys getting spanked last night. Like someone else mentionned, we had the opportunities, but we couldn't finish. Hopefully that will change over the year!

 

Hopefully, but as I noted earlier, this team does not seem to have the natural talent to put pucks in the net reliably. I'll grant that Weber will help, but in terms of the FWs? Lots of solid secondary types, lots of chutzpa and speed, but the elite talent is just not there. This means that they have to generate more chances than a team with elite players in order to bag the same number of goals - and that if Price is merely human, they're in tough.

 

I'd be willing to bet that this team loses nearly every game in which Price lets in a questionable goal. As he goes, so will the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

 

Hopefully, but as I noted earlier, this team does not seem to have the natural talent to put pucks in the net reliably. I'll grant that Weber will help, but in terms of the FWs? Lots of solid secondary types, lots of chutzpa and speed, but the elite talent is just not there. This means that they have to generate more chances than a team with elite players in order to bag the same number of goals - and that if Price is merely human, they're in tough.

 

I'd be willing to bet that this team loses nearly every game in which Price lets in a questionable goal. As he goes, so will the team.

This was the big issue last year.  They owned possession for 20 games.  To the point of dominating most games. Puck square on the Crest ain't going in. You gotta get the goalie moving. The goalie never had to guess. There's no play to read because there's no play.  Just a guy with the puck shooting from wherever. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2018‎/‎10‎/‎12 at 10:51 AM, DON said:

No, that would be Chelios or one of Ludwig's.

 

They are both honourable mentions. But Kovalevs was on Tucker...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×