Oct. 13, Pittsburgh vs Montreal, 7 PM

dlbalr

Damn Domi

5 hours ago, Chris said:

This years team at least plays hard and much more exciting than last years. 

I wish CJ would just roll the big finn out there instead of hiding him. 

I think CJ is a bad choice of coach for the direction of this team, but Kotkaniemi has to be sheltered 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Habopotamus said:

I think CJ is a bad choice of coach for the direction of this team, but Kotkaniemi has to be sheltered 

Wont be the popular choice, but Kots is likely gone by game 9. Not sure if it’ll be Finland or Laval but he’ll be sent somewhere to dominate, get big minutes.

With Kots, Poe, and Suzuki.. gotta be excited for the future!

• Upvote 1

I am enjoying the 2018-2019 CH. I will be happy if they play .500 hockey this year but continue playing this way.

The new D-D-L line was very good and I am glad on how Hudon is playing 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

Wont be the popular choice, but Kots is likely gone by game 9. Not sure if it’ll be Finland or Laval but he’ll be sent somewhere to dominate, get big minutes.

With Kots, Poe, and Suzuki.. gotta be excited for the future!

Chris Johnston on Saturday Headlines says it's likely Kotkaniemi stays with the team. 

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/headlines-kotkanemi-sticking-canadiens/

10 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Chris Johnston on Saturday Headlines says it's likely Kotkaniemi stays with the team. 

Of course, now that Chris has said it... it will be so :rolleyes:

Kidding aside, Coconut Miami (I like that nick name) could fill a 3rd line center spot on this team and grow from there

12 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Thanks.

I also read that his Finnish team is one of the worst teams in the league and that his father doesn’t think there is much growth to be had in the league anymore for Kotkaniemi. Thinks he should stay in the NHL.

In regards to Kotkaniemi’s ice time, let’s understand Montreal has faced the leagues best top 10 centres in each of their last four games. Two of those games against some would argue the very best, I think in these circumstances he needs to be a little sheltered. Hell Matthews was heavily sheltered in his first season in the league by Babcock. He’s still playing well and defensively he’s great but as we all know it will take some time for our budding young star.

6 hours ago, Habopotamus said:

I think CJ is a bad choice of coach for the direction of this team

Of the deep pool of french coaching candidates, who would be a better choice(s) that they should hire (and havent just hired)?

Tough decision on the big Finn, if he is going to stay, he needs minutes.

If you have Suzuki or Poehling looking for a roster spot next year, CJ head would explode with 2 rookie centers. 

I would keep him up and just roll his line out there, let him learn and make mistakes

With this kind of effort and speed brought nightly, this team can do damage. If and only if they can find an actual power play then we can start really rolling. right now we are playing well despite the PP

As for Kotkaniemi... Fine! you shelter him against Crosby and Malkin which i dont understand cause he's now faced (tavares matthews kadri twice) (crosby malkin brassard twice) and kopitar carter kempe. But its only game 4 so!!!. But a 5 on 3 for 1:50 and you don't let him build his confidence. to me its a no brainer for him to be in Armia's spot.

And there is nothing wrong with starting with the 2nd unit either.  For me julien had a horrible coaching game.

2 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I am glad on how Hudon is playing. 

He barley played last game.7:18 was by far the least icetime for any Hab. Meanwhile Drouin played pretty ineffective 24:01, other than 1 shot on net I suppose.

Hudon is as, if not more dangerous, not saying much I know, than Drouin has been, but Drouin even played more on the PP than Hudon's total. 24+minutes for any forward seems a ton and not sustainable and no forward plays near that much for a season.

I get that are trying to force-feed Drouin opportunities to excel and may work, but sucks for others that seem more 'deserving' at the moment.