Oct. 13, Pittsburgh vs Montreal, 7 PM

dlbalr

Armia seems a delaRose clone and sorry to say, has same puck skills as well. Doesnt seem a top six player and would flip he and Hudon.

Armia 18:16/game 1g

Hudon 08:28/game 1g

seems obvious that these two are on the wrong lines.

6 minutes ago, DON said:

Armia seems a delaRose clone and sorry to say, has same puck skills as well. Doesnt seem a top six player and would flip he and Hudon.

Armia 18:16/game 1g

Hudon 08:28/game 1g

seems obvious that these two are on the wrong lines.

Still early, but i think you're right with Armia. I thought he had more skill than what he's shown. 

Hudon is getting the shit end of the stick. He needs more minutes. 

I didn't see the game, as I continue to struggle with streaming options. But maybe the thought is that Arnia brings a distinct dimension - size and some robustness - where Hudon is redundant on a roster of small, shifty FWs?

43 minutes ago, DON said:

He barley played last game.7:18 was by far the least icetime for any Hab. Meanwhile Drouin played pretty ineffective 24:01, other than 1 shot on net I suppose.

Hudon is as, if not more dangerous, not saying much I know, than Drouin has been, but Drouin even played more on the PP than Hudon's total. 24+minutes for any forward seems a ton and not sustainable and no forward plays near that much for a season.

I get that are trying to force-feed Drouin opportunities to excel and may work, but sucks for others that seem more 'deserving' at the moment.

I thought drouin created a ton of chances last night even if they didnt go in the net.  Both for himself and for linemates like domis shot off the post.

14 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I didn't see the game, as I continue to struggle with streaming options. But maybe the thought is that Arnia brings a distinct dimension - size and some robustness - where Hudon is redundant on a roster of small, shifty FWs?

Armias job on the powerplay was to go to the front of the net and provide a screen there.  You arent replacing him with guys like hudon or kotkaniemi who have different skill sets and roles

1 hour ago, DON said:

He barley played last game.7:18 was by far the least icetime for any Hab. Meanwhile Drouin played pretty ineffective 24:01, other than 1 shot on net I suppose.

Hudon is as, if not more dangerous, not saying much I know, than Drouin has been, but Drouin even played more on the PP than Hudon's total. 24+minutes for any forward seems a ton and not sustainable and no forward plays near that much for a season.

I get that are trying to force-feed Drouin opportunities to excel and may work, but sucks for others that seem more 'deserving' at the moment.

If I remember correctly, Byron used to play very few minutes at first, and he won more and more play time.

I didn't check Hudon's ice time, but noticed his intensity. Even his penalty at the end of the LA game was a good sign to me. He cared and brought his game.

With all of Scherbak's pedigree and DLR's size and speed. Hudon deserves to hi spot in the lineup. I like how he plays

37 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Armias job on the powerplay was to go to the front of the net and provide a screen there.  You arent replacing him with guys like hudon or kotkaniemi who have different skill sets and roles

What skill set does Armia have? Other than he can skate and forecheck. We have seen Gallagher or Shaw can provide screen and actually score a bit as well.

You always talk a bout more skill needed..who has more Hudon or Armia? Answer is a no brainer isnt it...given what we have seen from the big Finn so far anyways.

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

I thought drouin created a ton of chances last night even if they didnt go in the net.  Both for himself and for linemates like domis shot off the post.

I agree.  Drouin looked good last night.  Hopefully that play continues. 

1 hour ago, DON said:

What skill set does Armia have? Other than he can skate and forecheck. We have seen Gallagher or Shaw can provide screen and actually score a bit as well.

You always talk a bout more skill needed..who has more Hudon or Armia? Answer is a no brainer isnt it...given what we have seen from the big Finn so far anyways.

When you are setting up a high low screen... gallagher or hudon cant be the high guy... goalies will see right over them

2 hours ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

With this kind of effort and speed brought nightly, this team can do damage. If and only if they can find an actual power play then we can start really rolling. right now we are playing well despite the PP

As for Kotkaniemi... Fine! you shelter him against Crosby and Malkin which i dont understand cause he's now faced (tavares matthews kadri twice) (crosby malkin brassard twice) and kopitar carter kempe. But its only game 4 so!!!. But a 5 on 3 for 1:50 and you don't let him build his confidence. to me its a no brainer for him to be in Armia's spot.

And there is nothing wrong with starting with the 2nd unit either.  For me julien had a horrible coaching game.

I agree with the first part, at this point I think Weber will be a big help from what I have noticed. It doesn’t seem like teams really respect Petry’s shot from the point, they will have too when Weber comes back which in turn should open it up for Domi and Drouin to create an opportunity elsewhere.

It was a tie game going into the third against a powerhouse team in Pittsburgh who where starting to turn it on as the game went deeper so it’s understandable the coaching staff did not want to put Kotkaniemi in that situation if they didn’t have too. About the PP maybe you could have got him in their but to use Armia as someone who he should of replaced doesn’t really make sense since they have different responsibilities on the PP.

When we forcheck hard we cause teams absolute havoc out there. We are a turn over generating machine.

Tatar with 2 goals but he could have had 4! He needs to shoot more instead of looking for the pass

Drouin played hard and did lots of great little things out there. He still tried to dangle through the entire team, eventually loosing the puck again. I hope he learns...

This team is fun to watch!

We win because of the speed and hard work but watching Malkin use his skill against us makes me realize just how little skill this team has.

PP is embarrassing. We did nothing on the 5on3 and the overtime PP was terrible too. Someone needs to learn how to SHOOT

It's fun cheering for the team again after cheering for losses last year.

I'm not sure if Coconut (why is his nickname coconut?) should stay or go to Finland

1 hour ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I'm not sure if Coconut (why is his nickname coconut?) should stay or go to Finland

It's kinda like the Benedict Cumberbatch thing where you can type almost complete nonsense but you know exactly who it's meant to be (Benjamin Cabbagepatch, Bendersnick Crundlesnetch).

Habs fans kept typing things that was vaguely like Kotkaniemi as a joke, and "Coconut Miami" (or specifically the "coconut" part kept coming up a lot.

So now he's "Coconut" to Habs Internet. 

Petry’s Fine on the PP

23 PPP last year

Same as Klingberg, Ristolainen and Suter

More points than Byfuglien, Letang, Doughty, Josi, Karlsson etc.

1 hour ago, Trizzak said:

It's kinda like the Benedict Cumberbatch thing where you can type almost complete nonsense but you know exactly who it's meant to be (Benjamin Cabbagepatch, Bendersnick Crundlesnetch).

Habs fans kept typing things that was vaguely like Kotkaniemi as a joke, and "Coconut Miami" (or specifically the "coconut" part kept coming up a lot.

My wife calls him ‘cook and it’s yummy’

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

Personally I think it’s Petry that needs to be dropped from the top PP unit and replaced with mete...

The only issue with that is you take someone who can shoot a little bit off in place of someone that still has a really weak shot.  If teams are sagging off Petry now, how much more are they going to ignore the point with Mete there?  That's one of the problems on the 2nd PP unit as he has basically been ignored with that unit. 

If you want to try a different d-man there, why not Reilly?  He's not a great shooter either but he'd be more of a threat than Mete.

Game four ... it's still pretty early in the season, but this team is a whole lot easier for me to like than what I expected. Can they still get better from here (this season) or will the talent of other teams catch up with them?

Some very promising players (Hudon, Kotkaniemi) and others that need to improve (Armia, Drouin) but it's pretty early still to be drawing definitive conclusions, especially for players new to the organization and to CJ's system.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Habopotamus said:

The power play time I can see where Armia fits in for net front presence, but...

Armia has a career 6 power play points(all assists)

Hudon had 3 power play goals and 7 assists. All in his first full season. 

Hudon does seem to chip in for amount of icetime he gets and i just cant help seeing delarose and Armia as being very similar players, solid checking guys with limited puck skills.

10 hours ago, DON said:

Hudon does seem to chip in for amount of icetime he gets and i just cant help seeing delarose and Armia as being very similar players, solid checking guys with limited puck skills.

I see Armia more like a big brother, a Hal Gill for Coconut Miami. Also, he seems to be one of the better possession player and better along the boards 

DLR cannot be that person. 

Edited by alfredoh2009
typos

On 10/14/2018 at 4:25 PM, Trizzak said:

We like to call him Alphabet Soup..

35 minutes ago, Helmethead said:

We like to call him Alphabet Soup..

My friends and I are all big Radiohead fans..

.. so we call Kotkaniemi.. Kid K.

Coconut is pretty lame. Like Patches was/is. His self proclaimed Pacman was/is much better.