Carey Price

Team Leaders Detroit Montreal

Game Notes

Goals Dylan Larkin (3) Byron/Gallagher/Tatar (2) Puck Drop: 7:30 PM EST
Assists Gustav Nyquist (4) Jeff Petry (4) National TV: N/A
Points Dylan Larkin (5) Byron/Petry/Tatar (4) Regional TV: RDS, TSN2, FS-D
PIMS Filip Hronek (16) Andrew Shaw (10) English Radio: TSN 690
+/- Christoffer Ehn (+2) Gallagher/Juulsen/Tatar (+3) French Radio: FM 98.5

Early indications are that Niemi will start again - Price is at practice but I guess isn't 100%.  Shaw isn't at the skate either as he's dealing with the flu.  If he can't go, will Peca draw back in on the wing or will Scherbak make his season debut?

1 hour ago, Habopotamus said:

I think it's mistake trading Sherbak, but if that is their master plan, why wouldn't they be trying to pump his tires with some games.

I think Bergevin is operating from the Tinordi playbook again.  Put a high price tag and don't play him to avoid the risk of injury with the hope that someone will eventually bite.  That didn't really work with Tinordi (the reported ask of two 2nd's) but maybe Bergevin thinks it can work here.

24 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I think Bergevin is operating from the Tinordi playbook again.  Put a high price tag and don't play him to avoid the risk of injury with the hope that someone will eventually bite.  That didn't really work with Tinordi (the reported ask of two 2nd's) but maybe Bergevin thinks it can work here.

You could be right. 

Old Marky apparently isn't a fan of the Mother Land

1 hour ago, Habopotamus said:

I think it's mistake trading Sherbak, but if that is their master plan, why wouldn't they be trying to pump his tires with some games.

I said it all along that Scherbak would have a tough time with this coach, and sure enough.... 

Why would it be a mistake?

Did you watch Scherbak in pre-season, he looked lost again this year.

29 minutes ago, Metallica said:

he didn't even make a young red wings roster.

And what does that have to do with anything?

Other than Wings knowing they suck and likely dont want Zadina around that environment. And many HabFans likely think Kotkaniemi should be in Finland, he isnt gonna make the Habs a contender; but no matter he will be off to WJCs in December anyways.

28 minutes ago, DON said:

And what does that have to do with anything?

Other than Wings knowing they suck and likely dont want Zadina around that environment. And many HabFans likely think Kotkaniemi should be in Finland, he isnt gonna make the Habs a contender; but no matter he will be off to WJCs in December anyways.

You learn to win by losing in sports, you can see what type of character a person is going through losing more than wining.

2 hours ago, Metallica said:

You learn to win by losing in sports

Cleveland Browns must know the most about winning then...or your theory is not so good perhaps?

Are numerous reasons 99% of draft picks #4 or later don't play in NHL in draft year, has nothing to do with losing being good for them.

Go Habs Go!

Battle of basement dwellers, so another on the Habs should have the edge in.:clap:

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, DON said:

Cleveland Browns must know the most about winning then...or your theory is not so good perhaps?

Are numerous reasons 99% of draft picks #4 or later don't play in NHL in draft year, has nothing to do with losing being good for them.

Go Habs Go!

Battle of basement dwellers, so another on the Habs should have the edge in.:clap:

Sorry but what's going on in Cleveland has nothing to do with the players but everything to do with a owner that doesn't care about what goes on with the team. But things are turning around for them. They will be a better team because of it.

Well, the Habs got some nice breaks that period.  Drouin draws a penalty shot (and scores), Plekanec banks one in from behind the net, and Danault (or Tatar) gets a dribbler to go in.  Weird way to score three but I'll take it.

Now the bus driver I'd arranged to drag MB around Mtl for a week says he can't make it....I wonder if RONA will give me back the $38.16 for the rope? :huh:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Well, the Habs got some nice breaks that period.  Drouin draws a penalty shot (and scores), Plekanec banks one in from behind the net, and Danault (or Tatar) gets a dribbler to go in.  Weird way to score three but I'll take it.

Your game photo called it.. 

6 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Well...any preferences for who should be in the photo for Wednesday?  (Assuming Montreal holds on, of course...)

I can't recognize half of them!  

18 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Is no one watching the game tonight? I missed tge penalty shot but I loved the speed and the hustle that got them the other two goals — and some breaks on PK too.

It's blocked out on tsn in Ontario.. Watching on RDS package for Habs games. Having trouble getting a bus driver..

11 minutes ago, Toronthab said:

It's blocked out on tsn in Ontario.. Watching on RDS package for Habs games. Having trouble getting a bus driver..

Amazingly I'm getting the TSN2 feed on the NHL mobile app -- in Japan! I tapped on it by accident, as usually nothing is available outside of Canada. But not complaining about the feed. Or about the effort tonight!