Anthems

Stephane Pichette

Why is RDS not showing the anthems? Also, instead of having the talking heads at the opening...please just show the walk on with nat sound up so viewers at home can soak in the atmosphere of the start.

Edited by Stephane Pichette

That's odd.  I know they used to do the anthems.  That's probably a question you'd need to ask them though - it's not anything we have the answer to.  I'd like to see TSN do the same but they have studio discussions and then go to commercials when the anthem is on.

I totally support the anthem at pro sporting events. But I can take it or leave it as a TV event.

(And lest anyone make assumptions, YES, I'm 100% on Kaepernik's side in that whole arglebargle).

On 10/16/2018 at 8:41 PM, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I totally support the anthem at pro sporting events. But I can take it or leave it as a TV event.

(And lest anyone make assumptions, YES, I'm 100% on Kaepernik's side in that whole arglebargle).

I can respect wanting an anthem at pro events but I feel that an anthem is best suited for an international State vs. State thing. I would also like to make a side note, I rather anthems be played before the event to Honor the People of said States and not at the end to celebrate the victor. The top 3 get medals or cups or points or a combo of 3 to glorify the accomplishment. So I might be off from most People on this one but as far as Kap goes... Man not hurting no one (edit: well maybe just his pro career) and seems to have an opinion about something he feels people are not talking about. I sometimes wonder if we talking about that or something else? Sorry but I get confused Alot :/

Edited by ehjay