Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
dlbalr

Jacob de la Rose claimed off waivers by Detroit

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

 

I have to think that if he was waived again by Detroit, the Habs would likely claim him back (assuming they had a roster spot available at the time).

You're right of course...I just struggle to see him as more than a marginal NHLer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He could be a fourth line centre, but those are a dime a dozen and not worth losing sleep over

 

For those upset that the Habs lost a centre, the Habs issue hasn't been at 4th line centre, its been at 1 and 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

He's nothing as a player. Enjoy Motor City - or more likely, its farm system.

 

Well as a human I think he's alright ;)  I say he makes the Detroit roster after his heart issues are resolved.  They suck so bad right now, if he can't get into that line up then he needs to go back to Europe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

He's nothing as a player. Enjoy Motor City - or more likely, its farm system.

Hes nothing as a player because of our bad development of players. This is on the organization.

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Metallica said:

Hes nothing as a player because of our bad development of players. This is on the organization.

From seeing him before he came to northamerica and also in the wjc he has allways looked like a decent defensive forward with some offensive potential only.

I dont think its the development that has failed, more likely that there was never much there to be developed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dalhabs said:

From seeing him before he came to northamerica and also in the wjc he has allways looked like a decent defensive forward with some offensive potential only.

Of course we will look at Olofsson as being similar to delaRose and just hope he has more offensive upside. Looking forward to seeing him at World juniors...if he will make team?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Dalhabs said:

From seeing him before he came to northamerica and also in the wjc he has allways looked like a decent defensive forward with some offensive potential only.

I dont think its the development that has failed, more likely that there was never much there to be developed.

 

1 hour ago, DON said:

Of course we will look at Olofsson as being similar to delaRose and just hope he has more offensive upside. Looking forward to seeing him at World juniors...if he will make team?Insert other media

 

 

Isn't Vejdemo a similar player to dela Rose and closer to the NHL than J. Olofsson? I thought he would be a more comparable player

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Isn't Vejdemo a similar player to dela Rose and closer to the NHL than J. Olofsson? I thought he would be a more comparable player

Don't see as good as Olofsson, but hardly have seen either play so based on little.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

 

 

 

Isn't Vejdemo a similar player to dela Rose and closer to the NHL than J. Olofsson? I thought he would be a more comparable player

 

Vejdemo is a lot lower of a ceiling prospect than olofsson.

 

I think him becoming what de la Rose currently is, is his upside.

 

Olofsson needs more development time but the upside if he reaches it could be higher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Commandant said:

 

Vejdemo is a lot lower of a ceiling prospect than olofsson.

 

I think him becoming what de la Rose currently is, is his upside.

 

Olofsson needs more development time but the upside if he reaches it could be higher.

Thanks Commandant. I knew we had another swede in the system that would fill for DLR; sad to say, but he won't be missed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/19/2018 at 9:49 AM, DON said:

Of course we will look at Olofsson as being similar to delaRose and just hope he has more offensive upside. Looking forward to seeing him at World juniors...if he will make team?

Listened to the Detroit game last night. The commentators suggested that Detroit is quite happy with de la Rose, and he has made quite a difference to their line-up, for what that is worth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×