Jacob de la Rose claimed off waivers by Detroit

dlbalr

I can't think of a guy in the line up that I would sit to play De La Rose but he was okay as an injury replacement.  He was playing the best hockey of his NHL career lately but not a huge loss.  What could Bergevin expect to get for him anyway? Not much.

14 minutes ago, Habs owned the 70's said:

I can't think of a guy in the line up that I would sit to play De La Rose but he was okay as an injury replacement.  He was playing the best hockey of his NHL career lately but not a huge loss.  What could Bergevin expect to get for him anyway? Not much.

Future considerations? 7th rounder if Ottawa wins the Stanley cup this year. 

Lost in all of this is...... I’m glad Scherbak is safe. May he prove the nay sayers wrong. We have decent depth. Plekanec came in well rested and looked better than at least two other centers who were ahead of him on the depth chart. May Scherbak do the same.

I’d also be fine with De la Rose clearing. 

1 hour ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

Lost in all of this is...... I’m glad Scherbak is safe. May he prove the nay sayers wrong. We have decent depth. Plekanec came in well rested and looked better than at least two other centers who were ahead of him on the depth chart. May Scherbak do the same.

He's safe...for now.  Deslauriers has his final visit with doctors today as he works towards approval to return.  The Habs are going to be in this same situation within the next week or so.  

28 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

The Habs are going to be in this same situation within the next week or so.  

That's when I think they will make a decision on Kotka.

Inteally hope they play Scherbak a few times before that

For now, he was the forward lowest on the totem pole.

Next would be Deslaurier, I guess.

I think Sylvain Lefebre screw DLR's development. I hope Vejdemo turns out better.

Good  luck to Jacob

22 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I think Sylvain Lefebre screw DLR's development. I hope Vejdemo turns out better.

I'm no Lefebvre fan but he's not the only one to blame here.  When de la Rose was in the minors, he'd get recalled every time he started to show flashes offensively and then would be dropped into a fourth line role where he was to focus on defence only.  He'd then stop producing and lose confidence.  While I don't think there was a lot of unlocked offensive potential here, that's simply not a good way to develop a prospect.  This is partially on management as well.

2 hours ago, dlbalr said:

I'm no Lefebvre fan but he's not the only one to blame here.  When de la Rose was in the minors, he'd get recalled every time he started to show flashes offensively and then would be dropped into a fourth line role where he was to focus on defence only.  He'd then stop producing and lose confidence.  While I don't think there was a lot of unlocked offensive potential here, that's simply not a good way to develop a prospect.  This is partially on management as well.

Agreed. I think Vejdemo is a similar player that may develop better under the new regime; plus his waiver status and contact is better 

6 hours ago, Meller93 said:

Future considerations? 7th rounder if Ottawa wins the Stanley cup this year

Lol, so in other words nothing for De La Rose or a bag of used jock straps from Ottawa.

If he clears waivers, I'd be happy if he went to the AHL.  He's not terribly young anymore but in a couple of years there might not be such a log jam on the big club for bottom 6 players and he might have a real shot.

9 hours ago, dlbalr said:

He's safe...for now.  Deslauriers has his final visit with doctors today as he works towards approval to return.  The Habs are going to be in this same situation within the next week or so.  

And they had best waive Deslauriers like they did De La Rose.

6 hours ago, Trizzak said:

And they had best waive Deslauriers like they did De La Rose.

That's whom I thought was going to be waived, instead of DLR.

But I flip-flop between sending down the next fringe forward (Deslaurier) and sending down Kotkaniemi for development reasons: between cutting  extra versus investing in future

• dlbalr changed the title to Jacob de la Rose claimed off waivers by Detroit

Who cares about his size, or what his projections are, he can't freakin produce at the NHL level, not even minimal 4th line production was he capable of while he was in that role. Of every forward available to put in the line up he is the least productive option, literally. People on social media with their panties in a bunch over this waiver claim are being a bit ridiculous, he showed us all he is gonna show us, an inability, year after year to progress offensively. In a spot where guys like Deslaurier, Byron, Shaw, even Mitchell were capable of decent 4th line production over the years, he was not. So lets stop pretending Detroit just claimed the next Zetterberg, and see it for what it really is, a physically ready, yet completely unproductive NHL forward was put on waivers and was claimed. 

DLR is a good kid, but his contribution to this team will not be missed, because it was very minimal, he was leap frogged easily by Kotkaniemi and Peca, and can be replaced from within easily for the same reason. Just because an asset is young, doesn't mean its worth a damn, he was on the block for some time and no one was willing to bite, not even for throw away assets, what does that tell you? But somehow the sky is always falling in Montreal for the most foolish of things, this is the very definition of crying over spilt milk. Matthew Peca was just a healthy scratch not long ago, and didn't deserve to be, and we are worried about keeping De La Rose on this roster? Give me a break..

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, Link67 said:

Who cares about his size, or what his projections are, he can't freakin produce at the NHL level, not even minimal 4th line production was he capable of while he was in that role. Of every forward available to put in the line up he is the least productive option, literally. People on social media with their panties in a bunch over this waiver claim are being a bit ridiculous, he showed us all he is gonna show us, an inability, year after year to progress offensively. In a spot where guys like Deslaurier, Byron, Shaw, even Mitchell were capable of decent 4th line production over the years, he was not. So lets stop pretending Detroit just claimed the next Zetterberg, and see it for what it really is, a physically ready, yet completely unproductive NHL forward was put on waivers and was claimed. 

DLR is a good kid, but his contribution to this team will not be missed, because it was very minimal, he was leap frogged easily by Kotkaniemi and Peca, and can be replaced from within easily for the same reason. Just because an asset is young, doesn't mean its worth a damn, he was on the block for some time and no one was willing to bite, not even for throw away assets, what does that tell you? But somehow the sky is always falling in Montreal for the most foolish of things, this is the very definition of crying over spilt milk. Matthew Peca was just a healthy scratch not long ago, and didn't deserve to be, and we are worried about keeping De La Rose on this roster? Give me a break..

Excellent post

6 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

He's nothing as a player. Enjoy Motor City - or more likely, its farm system.

I have to think that if he was waived again by Detroit, the Habs would likely claim him back (assuming they had a roster spot available at the time).