Oct. 17, St. Louis vs Montreal, 7 PM

dlbalr

Another entertaining game.:clap:

Hudon 2 minors, 1a and led team in hits.

Good for Reilly to break the ice and get 1st d goal of year.

Maybe Alzner is a better option than Oulette?

Gallagher with extra effort and ended up in right place due to consistent hard work to get winner, great finish.

1 hour ago, DON said:

Another entertaining game.:clap:

Hudon 2 minors, 1a and led team in hits.

Good for Reilly to break the ice and get 1st d goal of year.

Maybe Alzner is a better option than Oulette?

Gallagher with extra effort and ended up in right place due to consistent hard work to get winner, great finish.

On some nights, yes. 

Unfortunately we won't know those nights until after they happen. 

Another solid effort, I didn't watch all (forgot to set PVR, wife recorded half for me) but based on comments here it seems like it was a deserved win

I am looking toward to the 10 game mark to see what we have here; but it seems like the "hearth transplant" is successful and that we have a team again

I hope Hudson and Lehkonen find their game and start scoring more consistently. But overall, there is very little to complaint about

Go Habs Go! Beat the Sens next (please :pray:

6 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Another solid effort, I didn't watch all (forgot to set PVR, wife recorded half for me) but based on comments here it seems like it was a deserved win

I am looking toward to the 10 game mark to see what we have here; but it seems like the "hearth transplant" is successful and that we have a team again

I hope Hudson and Lehkonen find their game and start scoring more consistently. But overall, there is very little to complaint about

Go Habs Go! Beat the Sens next (please :pray:

Hudon has looked solid. His two way game is underrated

55 minutes ago, Habopotamus said:

Hudon has looked solid. His two way game is underrated

I thought so too.  Small keanu Reeves  played well with and without the puck. Kotkaniemi played his best game in a while as well.  Momma may need to stay here for a while.

1 hour ago, BCHabnut said:

I thought so too.  Small keanu Reeves  played well with and without the puck. Kotkaniemi played his best game in a while as well.  Momma may need to stay here for a while.

While I don’t think Hudon was terrible I didn’t think he had a good game. Seemed like he was fighting the puck a lot.

His assist on the Reilly goal was actually a terrible play that Reilly through some really great stick handling was able to put himself in a great position to score.

He will get it together, the dude is super skilled.

8 minutes ago, Scott462 said:

While I don’t think Hudon was terrible I didn’t think he had a good game. Seemed like he was fighting the puck a lot.

His assist on the Reilly goal was actually a terrible play that Reilly through some really great stick handling was able to put himself in a great position to score.

He will get it together, the dude is super skilled.

2g on 8 shots this year, too bad he couldnt get some PP time (Armia had 2+minutes on PP?) and more icetime overall.

9 minutes ago, DON said:

2g on 8 shots this year, too bad he couldnt get some PP time (Armia had 2+minutes on PP?) and more icetime overall.

I think this is the wrong game to make that comment - Hudon played 3:12 on the PP last night.

Part of the reason Armia is a fixture on the power play is his size and his right-hand shot.  The Habs had just two right-shot forwards dressed yesterday and teams tend to not want to have all their forwards shoot the same way on the man advantage.  That's why Shaw was a fixture there last year despite not being the most talented.

1 hour ago, BCHabnut said:

Sounds like Momma is staying as long as he's in Montreal (for at least the rookie season, according to an interview i heard with his dad).

26 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I think this is the wrong game to make that comment - Hudon played 3:12 on the PP last night.

Part of the reason Armia is a fixture on the power play is his size and his right-hand shot.  The Habs had just two right-shot forwards dressed yesterday and teams tend to not want to have all their forwards shoot the same way on the man advantage.  That's why Shaw was a fixture there last year despite not being the most talented.

Can't wait for Suzuki to be part of the CH PP, he is a right handed shot

30 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

thanks, seems PP time was spread out pretty well among the forwards.