Oct. 20, Montreal vs Ottawa, 7 PM

dlbalr

50 minutes ago, Habopotamus said:

Wasn't your avatar, Alzner? 

At one time, yes it was.

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/winston_churchill_138235

"To improve is to change, to be perfect is to change often." WC

14 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Quite easily.  While players like Moravcik have some upside, Alzner is leaps and bounds ahead at this time.  If/when he's waived, he'll play as often as he wants to play.

image.png

Could Alzner crack any other NHL's teams top six? What is chance he gets waived, is it simply gonna depend on injury situation?

He maybe should do a MIke Keane and play last several years of pro career in AHL.

(if no one has done GDT by 6 your time, i will do one.)

30 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

image.png

I'm at work and then will be heading to the Bell Centre for tonight's game.   Can't do this one.

AND, we're not on a 4+ games losing streak.  Yet.

5 hours ago, dlbalr said:

The optics of doing that this early wouldn't be pretty.  The eventual returns of Schlemko/Weber could force their hand later on but they'd probably rather keep him as a #7 in Montreal than put him in Laval.

Speaking of Alzner, he's expected to be a healthy scratch tonight with Mete returning.  Someone needs to do the GDT though...

I got you

2 hours ago, DON said:

Could Alzner crack any other NHL's teams top six? What is chance he gets waived, is it simply gonna depend on injury situation?

He maybe should do a MIke Keane and play last several years of pro career in AHL.

I'd suggest there are teams out there he could crack.  Look no further than Montreal's opponent in this very GDT...  That said, Ottawa (or anyone else) isn't taking on that contract right now.  As for the odds of being waived, at this point, it depends on injuries (and maybe the play of Ouellet).  If Schlemko comes back and no one is hurt/struggling, then Alzner probably does get waived.  If they get some injuries between now and then, he'll hang around for a while yet.

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

I got you

Thanks.