Oct. 27, Habs vs Bruins, 7 PM

dlbalr

36 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Carey Price moves past Patrick Roy's # of wins as a Hab with a shutout against Boston. 290 wins, 25 away from Jacques Plante for 1st place. 

Just inject it right into my veins. 

Think of how many more wins he would of head if not missed games do to injures and also playing on bad teams

1 hour ago, Metallica said:

Think of how many more wins he would of head if not missed games do to injures and also playing on bad teams

Yes. But neither Plante nor Roy had the benefit of shootout victories. And in Plante's day, regular season was only 70 games long, and the playoffs only two rounds. So while it's an awesome milestone for Price, it's not 100% comparable.

Dont understand those saying alzner had a good game.  I thought he was terrible.

He cant make a pass to save his life... everytime he gets the puck its either a turnover or an icing.  Hes pinned in his end all night.  He just cant play on this team based on speed and transition and puck possession.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Commandant said:

Dont understand those saying alzner had a good game.  I thought he was terrible.

He cant make a pass to save his life... everytime he gets the puck its either a turnover or an icing.  Hes pinned in his end all night.  He just cant play on this team based on speed and transition and puck possession.

Apparently the bar is so low on Alzner now that "having a good game" equates to "didn't shit his pants while playing."

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I heard the first two periods on the radio and watched the 3rd on PVR. From that I got that Boston dominated the CH in the second but they were able to keep them off the scoresheet. On the third, to me it seemed the CH was the better team.

I got annoyed when Armia took his stupid penalty, I would prefer Scherbak playing with Kotka at this point... but that's just me (I guess). Drouin had a strong game and the two first lines seemed strong except for Tatar: he seems to be pushed aside often.

On D, I was impressed on how well Ouellet and Been played. Mete seemed to be chasing the puck and being pushed around a bit and Alzner did what he could. If I am not mistaken ,at least on one occasion Alzner came back to repair one of his turnovers at the blue line.

I liked what I saw from Petry and Reilly. I still think Petry is the best option the CH has that can be traded at the deadline for a first round pick; but if the Canadiens continue playing this way, they may want to keep him for the playoffs.

If they play .500 until Weber gets back, this team will be in the playoffs.

5 hours ago, Commandant said:

He had some great hits down low on a couple guys and cleared the front of the net quite well for Price while he was on the ice.

I said he had a decent game but he I wouldn’t say he was great but definitely his best game of the year and again that really isn’t saying much.

2 hours ago, Trizzak said:

Apparently the bar is so low on Alzner now that "having a good game" equates to "didn't shit his pants while playing."

He played 18minutes, didnt gift any goals, give up any breakaways, or have any egregious turnovers that i can recall (not saying he did not just none that stand out).

So with Juulsen out for a game, he was an adequate fill in for a game.

Mete with only 13:52 icetime, is he having a sophomore slump, i think he had one nice rush with puck and that was it.

27 minutes ago, DON said:

He played 18minutes, didnt gift any goals, give up any breakaways, or have any egregious turnovers that i can recall (not saying he did not just none that stand out).

So with Juulsen out for a game, he was an adequate fill in for a game.

Mete with only 13:52 icetime, is he having a sophomore slump, i think he had one nice rush with puck and that was it.

That one that stands out for me was him skating back to pick up a puck in his own end.  Getting the puck.  No pressure.. tons of time.. and he iced it.

8 minutes ago, DON said:

Price gave up pretty ugly one on wrister from blueline.

It seemed to me price was the one going to the ref and calling for the offside right away.  He knew it was offside and let up on it.  Should still play to the whistle but at least it explains it.

He was awesome in the third period particularly though.

10 minutes ago, Commandant said:

It seemed to me price was the one going to the ref and calling for the offside right away.  He knew it was offside and let up on it.  Should still play to the whistle but at least it explains it.

He was awesome in the third period particularly though.

Could be, but even in practice I think he would of tried to stop that puck from going in the net. It might of been tipped also, but a long ways out.

17 minutes ago, Commandant said:

That one that stands out for me was him skating back to pick up a puck in his own end.  Getting the puck.  No pressure.. tons of time.. and he iced it.

Ah, i remember that one now. No, he aint no Savard or Robinson that is for sure...or even at the Bouillon level of player, but didnt cost em yesterday anyways.

I continue to be pleased by Domi's play. Not a pretty goal by any stretch, but a great team effort to get to the puck -- and eventually get it into the net.

Through 10 games he's ahead of MaxPac's pace in his best years (yes, it's only 10 games) and Lehkonen is racking up points faster than he ever has. And we still have Suzuki coming up.

19 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

I continue to be pleased by Domi's play. Not a pretty goal by any stretch, but a great team effort to get to the puck -- and eventually get it into the net.

That whole series of events that led to his goal was really funny. There was three whiffs on the puck one by Domi who eventually was able to get a hold of it on his knees to get a shot off.

1 hour ago, DON said:

This is the same level of play he provided just prior to him going to the WJC's (and when he returned from that).  A stint in the minors wouldn't be a terrible idea, especially if they'd like to get him some special teams playing time.

2 hours ago, dlbalr said:

This is the same level of play he provided just prior to him going to the WJC's (and when he returned from that).  A stint in the minors wouldn't be a terrible idea, especially if they'd like to get him some special teams playing time.

Well that would help solve the roster crunch when Schlemko returns from injury...

I like Mete's speed in the lineup, but he's really lost the poise he had that got him to the NHL last season. If a stint in the minors helps him gain a bit of confidence, it might just be the best move.

3 hours ago, dlbalr said:

I agree too. He needs to play a lot of minutes and to get his poise/swagger back

I've read the the AHL is not the best place to bulk up, but he needs to gain muscle mass a bit

Edited by alfredoh2009