Habs content on The Athletic?

tomh009

How many people are subscribing to The Athletic? Is their Habs content good enough to make the subscription worthwhile?

The Gazette's stories really aren't that great any more, in my opinion. Too many live blogs and not much in-depth content. :(

I don't subscribe personally but I have access through PHR.  The postgame coverage is the GBU articles from Mitch Melnick that we used to link on the site until he joined them.  There's a weekly prospect article with video breakdowns, a bit of coverage on Laval (I find those articles are inconsistent as their writer gets pulled onto Hab duty regularly), plus one or two other daily articles and a podcast every so often.  It's not bad overall, not to mention that you get access to the rest of the site (other NHL, NBA, MLB, NFL, etc).  If you're interested in seeing for yourself, I think they have a free one-week trial.

I subscribe.  I think its great cause I really like Basu, Godin, and Dumont who are the regular Habs writers.  All three are top notch in my book.  The melnick stuff is meh.  The mitch Brown prospect coverage is really good. 

You get the occasional Lebrun column too, but he covers the entire league as well. 

• Upvote 1

I subscribed this year. I do not get time to read everything, but when I do and usually like it. The in-depth team by team analysis, prospect reports and some interviews have been good reads.

I've been on  The Athletic for about 2 months now and I have to say it is well worth the 36$ per year. Really good articles!

• 4 weeks later...