Nov. 1, Caps vs Habs 7:30

Neech

Great game by the boys last night! I was hoping for a top five pick or even with a little luck winning the lottery, but how do you go against these guys !

Am I the only one that was disappointed with Danault’s  game last night? It seems like he’s not bringing much to the table during the game and  Especially  on that line with Gallagher and Tarta. . I would eventually like and expect to see the kid Kotka mid season or so spend time on that line and have Danault  back centering  the third line where he belongs...

Price looks a lot better then last year, but I’m not 100% convinced yet.its early and I’m sure he’ll work himself to top form. 

The biggist reason for this turn around this year, imho is Gallagher!  Even thoe this kid has been a great player from day one with this club. He’s brought his game and  leadership to the next level. With the absence of Weber there is no doubt in my mind he is the true captain on this team right now and everyone is following suit..

Go Habs Go

29 minutes ago, habs#4,9,10,33 said:

Great game by the boys last night! I was hoping for a top five pick or even with a little luck winning the lottery, but how do you go against these guys !

Am I the only one that was disappointed with Danault’s  game last night? It seems like he’s not bringing much to the table during the game and  Especially  on that line with Gallagher and Tarta. . I would eventually like and expect to see the kid Kotka mid season or so spend time on that line and have Danault  back centering  the third line where he belongs...

Price looks a lot better then last year, but I’m not 100% convinced yet.its early and I’m sure he’ll work himself to top form. 

The biggist reason for this turn around this year, imho is Gallagher!  Even thoe this kid has been a great player from day one with this club. He’s brought his game and  leadership to the next level. With the absence of Weber there is no doubt in my mind he is the true captain on this team right now and everyone is following suit..

Go Habs Go

Danault is playing the role that we had Plekanec in for many years.  This line is being matched against the other team's top line.  I don't see them taking him off that line and putting Kotkaniemi there. 

Tatar and Gallagher are defensively responsible, also are producing offence, and can play big minutes and be a two way threat as a line with Danault.  I think this would be the last line Julien breaks up... and its telling that it is the only line that has never changed.  It has been a line, every single game and practice since the first day of training camp. 

In that way, Danault is doing his job on that line.

If you put him with different wingers, all that means is that Tatar and Gallagher will get less minutes at ES, and Danault's new wingers will get more (as that line will still be used against the oppositions top line, and the opposition is going to play their top line big minutes). 

27 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Danault is playing the role that we had Plekanec in for many years.  This line is being matched against the other team's top line.  I don't see them taking him off that line and putting Kotkaniemi there. 

Tatar and Gallagher are defensively responsible, also are producing offence, and can play big minutes and be a two way threat as a line with Danault.  I think this would be the last line Julien breaks up... and its telling that it is the only line that has never changed.  It has been a line, every single game and practice since the first day of training camp. 

In that way, Danault is doing his job on that line.

If you put him with different wingers, all that means is that Tatar and Gallagher will get less minutes at ES, and Danault's new wingers will get more (as that line will still be used against the oppositions top line, and the opposition is going to play their top line big minutes). 

All good points and your probably right with all this. . I was on the line more of thinking of spicy up the first line with more offence and Danault with a more shut down line on the 3rd. 

You and  coach Julian seem to be on the same page with all this. And  with the team wining , I stand corrected! ?

That’s odd, I actually thought Danault had a great game yesterday. He did most of the heavy lifting on the first Gallagher goal where he brought two defenders to him which opened up space for Tatar and Gallagher.

He was defensively responsible all game.

11 minutes ago, Scott462 said:

That’s odd, I actually thought Danault had a great game yesterday. He did most of the heavy lifting on the first Gallagher goal where he brought two defenders to him which opened up space for Tatar and Gallagher.

He was defensively responsible all game.

I thought he played alright too  He blew coverage on 2 goals thoughs 

17 minutes ago, Habopotamus said:

I thought he played alright too  He blew coverage on 2 goals thoughs 

I stand corrected.

He certainly missed coverage on the first caps goal, the second one the D kinda got caught flat footed and didn’t play it properly.

16 hours ago, Habopotamus said:

I loved how entertaning the game was, but it wasn't a perfect game(if there is such a thing) by any means. Montreal was out played badly in the second and start of the third. 

Washington is by far a more talented team and they outplayed the CH in parts of the game, maybe half or a bit more

But it is hard to find any real fault in the intensity they showed and how this helped the overcome the difference in talent

My expectation is for them to play .500 until Weber is back, and the game against the Caps will be offset by a loss like the one against Dallas.

The top 9 is good enough and we are still one LD away from having a  solid backend

Edited by alfredoh2009
typos *overcome*

On ‎2018‎-‎11‎-‎02 at 11:12 AM, illWill said:

Bad game to be selling tickets Joe :D

Never been so happy for not being able to sell my tix and "having to attend" the game instead.  :D