Nov. 2/3/7, Comets vs Rocket

dlbalr

It's only November and there are plenty of games left but this feels like a must-win set of games to me.  Laval (3-6-1) is hosting Utica (4-5-0) for a pair of games and the Comets have been decimated in terms of goaltending.  Thatcher Demko is working his way back from a concussion while veteran Richard Bachman is now on recall in Vancouver.  This means that they are rolling with an ECHL goalie and a college goalie on an ECHL contract.  This is Laval's chance to finally get some goals.

Utica.png

Lines are based on last game's +/- listings plus some guesses.

Gaunce - Darcy - McMaster

Carcone - Kero - Bancks

Dahlen - Woods - Jasek

Palmu - Arseneau - MacEwen

Juolevi - Sifers

Sifers - McEneny

Dirk - Graham

Kulbakov

Laval.png

Lines are from last game.

Scherbak - McCarron - Froese
Shinkaruk - Chaput - Alain
Agostino - Evans - Belzile
Pezzetta - Vejdemo - Jevpalovs

Kulak - Lernout

Sklenicka - Sproul

Plant - Lamarche

Lindgren

Puck drop is at 7:30 PM EST on Friday and 3:00 PM EST on Saturday.  91.9 Sports has the coverage in French for both games, TSN 690 has Friday's game in English, while RDS has Friday's game on TV.

A few lineup changes for tonight:

image.jpeg

Moravcik is in for Sklenicka while Fleury is in for Lernout (both scratches).  Grenier returns so Alain is scratched.  I'm assuming the lines are out of order as that fourth line is really their second while their second pairing is the two top d-men.

40 minutes ago, Habopotamus said:

Heard Sherbak sucked it up 

I haven't seen the game yet (I taped it to watch later) but it sounds like most players had rough nights (with Fleury being one of the few exceptions).

Today's lineup:

image.jpeg

It sounds like McCarron isn't 100% while Shinkaruk, Grenier, Sproul, and Plant are all healthy scratches.  Replacing them are Alain, Waked, Audette, Sklenicka, and Lernout.  McNiven gets the start as expected.

• dlbalr changed the title to Nov. 2/3/7, Comets vs Rocket

They're back at it today although this time it's in Utica.  Scherbak is expected to play, McCarron isn't, and their leading scorer (Agostino) appears to be a healthy scratch.  Apparently, that will help them score more...

2 hours ago, dlbalr said:

They're back at it today although this time it's in Utica.  Scherbak is expected to play, McCarron isn't, and their leading scorer (Agostino) appears to be a healthy scratch.  Apparently, that will help them score more...

Byron has been placed on IR (retroactive) to open up a roster spot in Montreal. 

I bet that means Agostino is being called up, likely announced after 5:00 pm today. 

11 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Byron has been placed on IR (retroactive) to open up a roster spot in Montreal. 

I bet that means Agostino is being called up, likely announced after 5:00 pm today. 

That would make more sense.  It would have made even more sense for them to do that before Monday.

34 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

That would make more sense.  It would have made even more sense for them to do that before Monday.

Armia wasn't injured before Monday. 

I think his injury and the uncertainty if he can go tomorrow is what is making this necessary, at least for 1 game. 

29 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Armia wasn't injured before Monday. 

I think his injury and the uncertainty if he can go tomorrow is what is making this necessary, at least for 1 game. 

Even so, they didn't have an extra forward on the trip with them since Plekanec isn't ready yet.  Considering they were in New York for both games (and Utica also being in New York), I figured they'd have IR'ed Byron on Sunday, recalled someone to be the emergency forward for Monday/Tuesday, send that player back to play tonight to keep him fresh, and then recall that player (or someone else) right after the game.

So this hasn't been a good start.  Froese got a major for boarding that could warrant a review by the AHL and then on that penalty kill, Alex Grenier took a penalty.  Utica scored twice after that and it's 2-0 after 20 minutes.

23 minutes ago, DON said:

3-3 end of 2nd...Scherbak 0pts 0 shots.

It seems like he has been good without the puck (Google Translate) 

<< Nikita Scherbak is having a good game in Utica. He has originated many good scoring chances and could make the difference in the third. I still believe that we should not give up on him #AHL >>

image.png