Habs to release Jeremiah Addison

dlbalr

This saga just keeps getting weirder.  Jeremiah Addison was listed as a healthy scratch to start the season and then was listed as injured.  Yesterday, the Habs sent him to the ECHL and today, he's on waivers.  (I'm guessing he refused to report.)  Assuming he clears, he'll be released tomorrow.

http://www.habsworld.net/2018/11/habs-to-release-jeremiah-addison/

11 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

This saga just keeps getting weirder.  Jeremiah Addison was listed as a healthy scratch to start the season and then was listed as injured.  Yesterday, the Habs sent him to the ECHL and today, he's on waivers.  (I'm guessing he refused to report.)  Assuming he clears, he'll be released tomorrow.

I bet he wants to go to U-Sports like Simon Bourque did after being terminated by Winnipeg. 

He has a scholarship from his CHL days that has to be used by a certain deadline or expires, so sometimes kids who don't see their pro career going anywhere decide to go back to school and take advantage of it.  I mean its not like he's making that much on his two-way. 

18 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I bet he wants to go to U-Sports like Simon Bourque did after being terminated by Winnipeg. 

He has a scholarship from his CHL days that has to be used by a certain deadline or expires, so sometimes kids who don't see their pro career going anywhere decide to go back to school and take advantage of it.  I mean its not like he's making that much on his two-way. 

I suspect you're right.  I know it's an 18-month window but what I'm not sure is if the window is as of the day he signed his ELC or the date his first pro season started.  If it's the former, he's within three weeks of the 18-month mark which could help explain the timing.