Game#21 Nov 19 2018 7:30 Caps vs Habs

DON

8th place Habs 11-6-3 vs 17th place Caps 9-7-3

9 game point streak for Domi, enough said.

Well; Backstrom, Ovi & Kuznetsov have 64pts between them and Carlson has 19pts...so pretty obvious who needs to be focus of close checking.

Kuznetsov and Oshie both out for this game.

Canadiens projected lineup

Tomas Tatar -- Phillip Danault -- Brendan Gallagher

Jonathan Drouin -- Max Domi -- Andrew Shaw

Kenny Agostino -- Jesperi Kotkaniemi -- Artturi Lehkonen

Nicolas Deslauriers -- Matthew Peca -- Charles Hudon

Jordie Benn -- Jeff Petry

David Schlemko -- Noah Juulsen

Mike Reilly -- Victor Mete

Carey Price

Antti Niemi

Scratched: Karl Alzner, Xavier Ouellet

Injured: Shea Weber (knee), Joel Armia (lower body), Paul Byron (lower body), Nikita Scherbak (lower body)

(from NHL.com)

2 hours ago, DON said:

8th place Habs 11-6-3 vs 17th place Caps 9-7-3

9 game point streak for Domi, enough said.

Well; Backstrom, Ovi & Kuznetsov have 64pts between them and Carlson has 19pts...so pretty obvious who needs to be focus of close checking.

No lineups yet.

8th overall and 4th or 5th in our own division--- tells me that we are in the toughest division in hockey-- as positive as the start has been we are still treading water-- Weber will help-- but still need to add 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, BlueKross said:

8th overall and 4th or 5th in our own division--- tells me that we are in the toughest division in hockey-- as positive as the start has been we are still treading water-- Weber will help-- but still need to add 

Need to add? You mean trade youth, picks or prospects for a cup run in spring/summer of 2019?

Hope you dont mean that, that is what i fear just might happen.:angry:

That was a frustrating period on a few counts.  The defence was abysmal - they can't just keep giving the way the puck like that.  The bounce on Connolly's goal was certainly an unfortunate one while it got annoying watching the linesman throw a centre (or two) out of every faceoff.  They may as well start sending in the wingers to get tossed at this rate.

That's the case every night. 

D zone is terrible

I've only seen half the games, but you know what else is bad on this team. The 4th line is terrible. They don't hit, they don't score and they don't play D. 

Not sure what the hype was on Peca, he is a marginal 4th line center with some speed. 

The D is looking leaky as usual these days, i'm liking our transition game, but holy heck is it easy to get through the bodies in our zone, giving away scoring chances like food sampling at costco.

28 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Something tells me that the Habs will need to score at least one more to win tonight.  Price hasn't been bad but with the state of the back end, I have a hunch it's going to cost them before the night's out.

Is there anything else that something is telling you? Because it appears to be getting things right tonight. :(

So once again ... one goal is what we need. It's nice to know we'll come out with at least one point, but given that we scored four goals on Copley and drove him out, I might have hoped we could have won this one outright.

Mais l'esprit de corps, c'est vraiment magnifique!