Game#21 Nov 19 2018 7:30 Caps vs Habs

DON

1 hour ago, Chris said:

That's the case every night. 

D zone is terrible

I've only seen half the games, but you know what else is bad on this team. The 4th line is terrible. They don't hit, they don't score and they don't play D. 

Not sure what the hype was on Peca, he is a marginal 4th line center with some speed. 

Not to worry... Evans will be up with the big club before you know it as i anticipated. He’s already exceeding expectations in Laval (after missing the off season to a sports hernia and pretty much all the pre season after getting KO’d in a rookie camp game.)

2 hours ago, Chris said:

That's the case every night. 

D zone is terrible

I've only seen half the games, but you know what else is bad on this team. The 4th line is terrible. They don't hit, they don't score and they don't play D. 

Not sure what the hype was on Peca, he is a marginal 4th line center with some speed. 

Peca signed for a million bucks... marginal 4th liner money.

What hype?

1 hour ago, tomh009 said:

Maybe we should play Niemi at home and Price on the road? Is that the answer to the "upstairs problem"?

They would have lost a lot worse without price.

D gave up way too many high quality chances.

9 hours ago, Scott462 said:

Schlemko and Benn were just awful.

Hopefully one or both is on the trade block shortly, I can’t count how many give aways both had this game. Such a shame.

Benn has reverted back to his old ways. 

I never liked Schlemko. He thinks he's more than he is. Bad pinches, stick handles way too long in his own end, then makes a terrible pass because everyone is covered by the time he gets rid of it. 

I didn't think he was as bad as Benn last night, but i would assume one of those two will be gone shortly. 

You cant fault price for any of those cross ice/ back door goals... geez, he made at least 5 cross crease back side robberies! with that said, getting burned between the legs by Eller of all guys in OT had to hurt.

Clearly Holtby settling the team down early in the 2nd was the turning point. Most importantly, you can’t give Wash any chances on the PP. Let alone a 5on3. That Carlson(R) to Ovi(R) will burn you every time.

2 hours ago, Habopotamus said:

I never liked Schlemko. He thinks he's more than he is. Bad pinches, stick handles way too long in his own end, then makes a terrible pass because everyone is covered by the time he gets rid of it. 

I didn't think he was as bad as Benn last night, but i would assume one of those two will be gone shortly. 

They are playing Benn on the top pair, against the Caps top line. Thats the biggest issue. 

Benn looks fine on the third pair with weaker competition... but you can't expect to put Benn on the ice against Ovechkin's line or Backstrom's line all game long.  He just can't do it. 

I'm fine if he's traded cause we have a log jam of third pairing d. 

Its the lack of top 4 D that is killer. 

We have 2 right now... Petry and Reilly (barely, but he can do the job).... Weber back will help.   But we need one more to step up.... Mete is young and not ready... Benn is a third pair guy at best, same with Ouellet, Schlemko, Alzner, etc...

3 hours ago, Habopotamus said:

Like commandant said Benn is just playing too far up the line up. He’s not a top pair guy and never was but it’s what the team has to work with.  Schlemko is showing why he is a journeyman that has been bouncing around from team to team on the third line maybe he can be useful but who knows. Probably my traded soon when Juulsen and Weber are back.

I wouldn’t mind a somewhere to bring in a somewhat capable second line guy. Nothing flashy but someone that can at least keep up with Petry. Not sure who but that needs to be addressed if Montreal plan on making the playoffs.

19 hours ago, Trizzak said:

So is Lehkonen the new Jan Bulis?

He has to score four goals in a game first.  

But yeah, I'm becoming increasingly skeptical of his offensive ceiling.  His shot rarely finds the net.  When he's making defensive blunders like last night, he doesn't look like a very valuable player.

4 hours ago, Commandant said:

They are playing Benn on the top pair, against the Caps top line. Thats the biggest issue. 

Benn looks fine on the third pair with weaker competition... but you can't expect to put Benn on the ice against Ovechkin's line or Backstrom's line all game long.  He just can't do it. 

I'm fine if he's traded cause we have a log jam of third pairing d. 

Its the lack of top 4 D that is killer. 

We have 2 right now... Petry and Reilly (barely, but he can do the job).... Weber back will help.   But we need one more to step up.... Mete is young and not ready... Benn is a third pair guy at best, same with Ouellet, Schlemko, Alzner, etc...

Agree for sure.