Nov. 24, Bruins vs Habs, 7 PM

dlbalr

46 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

How many of those were actual hits though?  3?  We all know how unreliable that stat is when it comes to games played in Montreal.

Oh absolutely, but I caught at least 3 really well timed and effective hits in the 3rd alone.  

But this is something I've seen time often this year.  Hudon gets back into the line-up and has a positive effect on the team.  I then wonder how it was possible that he was a healthy scratch  for about 3 or 4 games....and then I resume cringeing at his defensive blunders until he's a scratch again.  Rinse and repeat.

I signed up for The Athletic's Cyber Monday deal, and quite happy with the content so far. Some perspective from Arpon Basu for the Boston game:

Again, this game will be looked back upon as a loss. But the Canadiens did erase a two-goal deficit at the second intermission, something they have shown a propensity for doing this season, something that has served as proof of how badly this team wants to show everyone they were wrong about them.

Already this season they have a record of 3-6-3 when they trailed after two periods, a situation that has happened in nine of 24 games. They were a late, careless Jonathan Drouin penalty away from at least giving themselves a chance to make that a 4-5-3 record.

Last season, the Canadiens trailed after the second period in 35 of 82 games and had a record of 2-30-3, meaning they already have one more win in that situation than they did all of last season. The Canadiens were 3-22-2 when they trailed after one period last season and they are already 4-5-2 in that situation this season.

This team does not give up, and despite all the warts on the roster and the Canadiens coming back to earth a bit this month, that deserves some respect.

This might be another situation where in a couple of months we'll be happy to have escaped with no points.  If we're missing the playoffs, we'd rather draft in the top 10 than out of it.  And I'm about ready to call it on our playoff hopes for this year.  The teams ahead of us are clearly more talented; even Florida behind us has more talent.  Good coaching is getting the most out of this roster, but talent levels will prevail over the course of a full season.