Karl Alzner on waivers

dlbalr

44 minutes ago, ehjay said:

i had mentioned this a way back. And Antichambre boys (i think was G. Latendresse) were saying having Alzner in minors might change mood of Team.

To justify Alzner there might be a good idea to kinda make him an Assist Coach on skates?

IMO,  we need more Ned Bredan and less Reggie Dunlop.

5 hours ago, JoeLassister said:

IMO,  we need more Ned Bredan and less Reggie Dunlop.

True :)

but I was thinking more along lines: those who can't, teach :D

(edit) Or : Each one Teach one :)

12 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

So if he cleared waivers and is now with Laval his cap hit for the remainder of the season is not on the books or is?

This was answered a few posts back. 3.6M is still on the books.

2 hours ago, Neech said:

This was answered a few posts back. 3.6M is still on the books.

So now he will likely play out the remaining 3 1/2 years on his contract in Laval. Not the field of dreams to be sure, but then he'll still be taking home $40K+ every time he shows up for a game. I think most of us would be willing to put up with a few years of that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

So if he cleared waivers and is now with Laval his cap hit for the remainder of the season is not on the books or is?

No, since the 2013 CBA you don't save the full hit

They will save a prorated amount with the max being $1.075 million (if he was gone all season).  So they will save like ~800k given when he was sent down

His last 2 years are 1.5 salary + 1.5 signing bonus followed by 3.5. If Montreal pays the signing bonus, and gives up a middle roster player or high pick it could happen in 2020. Otherwise forget it.  I think.  

• Upvote 1

On 27/11/2018 at 4:35 PM, tomh009 said:

So now he will likely play out the remaining 3 1/2 years on his contract in Laval. Not the field of dreams to be sure, but then he'll still be taking home $40K+ every time he shows up for a game. I think most of us would be willing to put up with a few years of that.

No question - especially if he loves the game. That said, it's still got to be tough. He went from much-loved Capital to has-been almost overnight. Imagine yourself professionally humiliated and demoted while still retaining the same salary, and you probably have a sense of what ot might be like for these guys. They all know they're on borrowed time, but I'll bet the end arrives much sooner than most of them expect.

On 11/26/2018 at 1:44 PM, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

Exactly... earn your money yearly!

And 3 summers ago, everyone would of wanted Lucic on our team minus the bias hatred for bruins.

Also, if Gainey had his way he would of traded half the players on our team for a washed up LeCavalier...

hindsight is 20/20

I miss Uncle Bob.... :(

1 hour ago, Toronthab said:

I miss Uncle Bob.... :(

It was definitely time for him to go. Not his fault he has been replaced by dummies. And he probably needed a long time to work through the tragedy of losing his daughter; being GM in hockey-rabid Montreal is not conducive to that. All that said, in an ideal world he'd still be with the team in some capacity. As President or something. Sigh.

• Upvote 1

On 11/29/2018 at 7:20 PM, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

It was definitely time for him to go. Not his fault he has been replaced by dummies. And he probably needed a long time to work through the tragedy of losing his daughter; being GM in hockey-rabid Montreal is not conducive to that. All that said, in an ideal world he'd still be with the team in some capacity. As President or something. Sigh.

God bless uncle Bob. What a great guy.