Game #24 7:30 November 27 2018 Hurricanes vs Habs

DON

10th in the East 11-9-3 Hurricanes vs 8th in the East 11-8-5 Habs

Can Habs avoid 5th straight loss.

Will Weber be a difference maker?

Teravainen, Aho and Ferland are the three for Habs to check closely and try to shut down.

(Havent seen line up yet)

Hurricanes projected lineup

Warren Foegele -- Jordan Staal -- Justin Williams

Micheal Ferland -- Sebastian Aho -- Teuvo Teravainen

Andrei Svechnikov -- Lucas Wallmark -- Jordan Martinook

Brock McGinn -- Victor Rask -- Phillip Di Giuseppe

Jaccob Slavin -- Dougie Hamilton

Calvin de Haan -- Justin Faulk

Jake Bean -- Trevor van Riemsdyk

Curtis McElhinney

Petr Mrazek

Scratched: Scott Darling, Valentin Zykov

Injured: Haydn Fleury (concussion), Brett Pesce (lower body)

Canadiens projected lineup

Jonathan Drouin -- Max Domi -- Andrew Shaw

Tomas Tatar -- Phillip Danault -- Brendan Gallagher

Charles Hudon -- Jesperi Kotkaniemi -- Artturi Lehkonen

Nicolas Deslauriers -- Michael Chaput -- Kenny Agostino

David Schlemko -- Shea Weber

Victor Mete -- Jordie Benn

Brett Kulak -- Jeff Petry

Carey Price

Antti Niemi

Scratched: Mike Reilly, Xavier Ouellet, Matthew Peca

Injured: Noah Juulsen (facial fracture), Paul Byron (lower body), Joel Armia (lower body), Nikita Scherbak (lower body)

Not a bad period overall despite the score.  They've got some good chances in tight on McElhinney and those are the types of plays that eventually get rewarded.

As for Weber, he led the team in ice time that period.  They're not easing him in...

20 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Not a bad period overall despite the score.  They've got some good chances in tight on McElhinney and those are the types of plays that eventually get rewarded.

As for Weber, he led the team in ice time that period.  They're not easing him in...

And Petry did just over seven minutes in the first. A few fewer shifts might be really good for him.

Yes, down by a goal, but outshooting the Canes 12-2 showed a lot of energy. Some of those shots were pretty weak but if they can keep it up, we certainly have a chance to take two points for a change.

Edited by tomh009
Duh, seven, not 10.

13 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

I have only been able to watch in an on and off fashion tonight, but from what I have watched, it seems they deserve to have more than one goal on the board.

The 21 shots in the third were definitely worth more than one goal.

It feels like in games where we do get solid goaltending, we have ended up shooting on an even hotter goalie at the opposing end. McElhinney made 44 of 45 saves, and they were not all weak shots.

16 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

The 21 shots in the third were definitely worth more than one goal.

It feels like in games where we do get solid goaltending, we have ended up shooting on an even hotter goalie at the opposing end. McElhinney made 44 of 45 saves, and they were not all weak shots.

48 saves on 49 shots actually. I had McElhinney starting in fantasy tonight and was hoping for a 49 save on 50 shots 1-0 victory for the Habs.

I thought we played well and stayed quite disciplined in general. Drouin should have had one in the third that Van Riemsdyk stopped on the goal line. The Domi post was unlucky as well.

3 hours ago, Habopotamus said:

Not playing bad

Drouin might be one of the most frustrating players I've watched. 

Why, what did my favourite whipping boy do this time - ? (Didn't see the game, bogged down with work).

I cannot make up my mind if the positives out of the game outweigh the negatives

It felt like last year's play during their slump when they were outshooting teams but loosing.

I guess a reason for being positive is that the roster and prospect pool is better, which makes you hope for better days