Antti Niemi

Team Leaders New York Montreal

Game Notes

Goals Chris Kreider (13) Domi/Gallagher (11) Puck Drop: 7:00 PM EST
Assists Mika Zibanejad (13) Domi/Petry (15) National TV: SN, TVA Sports
Points Kreider/Zibanejad (21) Max Domi (26) Regional TV: MSG 2
PIMS Cody McLeod (42) Max Domi (25) English Radio: TSN 690
+/- Hayes/Kreider (+6) Victor Mete (+5) French Radio: FM 98.5

I'm not liking that 4th line. We have gotten away from the speed game that we played early in the season. With Byron back in the fold now, I think we should get back to that relentless high forecheck and speed game. I think Peca should draw back in for Chaput and Hudon for Deslauriers personally

I also wouldnt mind seeing Kotkaniemi getting a few games between Tatar and Gallagher to see if he can take his game to another level. Danault can centre a really good shut down 3rd line...

Drouin Domi Shaw

Tatar Kotkaniemi Gallagher

Byron Danault Lehkonan

Agostino Peca Hudon

With last change both games this weekend... we can control the matchups as much as possible (especially vs SJ) so it could be an ideal time to give it a look back to back. 

That 3rd line could be one of the most tenacious checking lines in the NHL and could surprise with some secondary scoring off turnovers as well

1 hour ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

I'm not liking that 4th line. We have gotten away from the speed game that we played early in the season. With Byron back in the fold now, I think we should get back to that relentless high forecheck and speed game. I think Peca should draw back in for Chaput and Hudon for Deslauriers personally

I also wouldnt mind seeing Kotkaniemi getting a few games between Tatar and Gallagher to see if he can take his game to another level. Danault can centre a really good shut down 3rd line...

Drouin Domi Shaw

Byron Danault Lehkonan

Agostino Peca Hudon

With last change both games this weekend... we can control the matchups as much as possible (especially vs SJ) so it could be an ideal time to give it a look back to back. 

That 3rd line could be one of the most tenacious checking lines in the NHL and could surprise with some secondary scoring off turnovers as well

The fourth line hasn't even been bad lately. They have been getting lots of zone time last couple games. That's exactly what you want from them 

2 hours ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

Drouin Domi Shaw

Byron Danault Lehkonan

Agostino Peca Hudon

I would to see Kotkaniemi tried on the second line as well.  He has more offensive upside than Danault. If it doesn't work, put him back.

32 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Is that the single worst LD configuration in all of hockey? Just asking.

sure does look that way... Cant wait for Juulsen to be back. At least we could counter the LD with one of the better RD sides* in hockey!

45 minutes ago, Habopotamus said:

The fourth line hasn't even been bad lately. They have been getting lots of zone time last couple games. That's exactly what you want from them 

You mean the last couple games that Agostino was put on the 4th line?

-Agostino has been playing with Kotka and Lehk since his call up until only recently

-Chaput is playing out of position and has said to not be comfortable at C but will play where asked

-Deslauriers looks lost at times and to slow for the style we are trying to play.

Id rather they go back to the 4th line we saw prior to the injuries of Byron and Armia with a little more scoring adding agostino.

Hudon-Peca-Agostino

again id rather go with speed... cause it kills

14 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

-Chaput is playing out of position and has said to not be comfortable at C but will play where asked

Do you have a link for that comment by any chance?  He's been a centre for years now, even going back to his days in Columbus (before Vancouver where he was also a centre) - this is the first I hear of him being uncomfortable there. 

he's definitely played some C and actually started the season in Laval there. But, was quickly moved back to wing actually...  supplanted by Evans

i actually meant he was more comfortable at Wing then C!  And im quoting him saying it as i listened to his audio of it ( i believe in the pre game of the NJ game on tsn690) 

Unfortunately the audio of Chaput talking i was unable to find, the video of his Nov 21 pre game scrum on video was in french and not the audio i heard (it was him speaking in english). i was not able to open another clip... not sure if that was the clip anyways as it was a video and not audio.

SORRY just cant find it! but i heard it from Chaput in his own words on tsn690

however,  there is these podcasts i did find

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/montreal-690/habs-lunch-lineup-ch-ch-ch-changes-1.1213515

First mentioned at 14:30 mark of the clip then fast forward to 17:26/17:35 and marinaro goes a little more in depth of Dan Robertson's conversation with Chaput directly saying he's more comfortable on the wing then C. I don't want to paraphrase but i listened to Chaput actually say " i prefer the wing over C but will play where the coach wants me to"

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/montreal-690/cowan-hats-off-to-jeff-petry-1.1213577

heres another one of stu cowen and chris nilan talking right off the hop about it.

Also, the handful of games i watched of Laval had Chaput at wing in each of them!

Chaput has split the season between the spots since they want to develop Evans, McCarron (why?), and Vejdemo there so he and Froese (another centre) have had to shift at times.  Thanks for digging up the clips.  Even with that being the case, I'd suggest he's a better fit down the middle even if he would rather play on the wing - he has a lot more experience there than he does on the wing.

33 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

Evans and Vejdemo I can understand... McCarron I’ve given up on 

Same here.  I get playing those two at centre but considering McCarron is someone who just wants to run around and hit people, it may make more sense to put him on the wing.  It can't be much worse than him playing down the middle...

41 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Same here.  I get playing those two at centre but considering McCarron is someone who just wants to run around and hit people, it may make more sense to put him on the wing.  It can't be much worse than him playing down the middle...

Narrator: It was. 

Putting on my Weber jersey.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Meller93 said:

I’m LOVING this game so far. Knock on wood, don’t wanna jinx it

I thought I heard someone knocking on my head.. ?