Team Leaders San Jose Montreal

Game Notes

Goals Joe Pavelski (16) Domi/Gallagher/Tatar (11) Puck Drop: 7:00 PM EST
Assists Brent Burns (24) Max Domi (16) National TV: SN, SN1
Points Brent Burns (27) Max Domi (27) Regional TV: RDS, NBCSCA
PIMS Evander Kane (55) Max Domi (27) English Radio: TSN 690
+/- Timo Meier (+4) Victor Mete (+5) French Radio: FM 98.5

18 minutes ago, Chris said:

I wonder what happened to that fast team that relentlessly fore checked, drove the net and had a quick transition? 

Anyone seen those guys? Much more fun to watch 

I'll give San Jose some credit here.  They've done well to take away a lot of the longer passes that the Habs use to get their transition games going.

Listened to it on radio, and it sounded like a mediocre effort from the team, Price had some flashes but was left out to dry on the two first goals.

That being said, Kulak and Reilly seemed to have had a decent game, Weber played well on his second game back. But Petry had a couple of bonehead plays.

I hope Juulsen gets well soon so that the D minutes can be better managed

A 10 million dollar goalie needs to stop the first goal 100% of the time.  The team seems to have reduced odd man rush and lateral pass plays against. I needed to see price perform now. Over a year of sub par performance. 

• Upvote 1

My point a few weeks back about losing to the goalie at the opposite end (in reference to Lundquivst winning the goaltending duel vs Price in the '17 playoffs). Seems  every freakin goalie who plays Montreal 90% of the time plays a career game. Jones yesterday, even so that he has not been great this year, stood tall, taller then OUR goalie. AND for anybody who thinks the goalie doesn't know who's in the other net and is in a direct competition with him clearly has NEVER played goalie!

The aura of Carey Price is methodically dwindling away.

with that said, its a tall task for any goalie to stop that slapper on the 5on3 and Pavelski's one time snap shot! he should of had the 1st though.

Since Weber's return 3 games now. 

We have out shot and out chanced the other team. In fact, we've completely shut them down in the 3rd period to boot giving up 7shots in SJ   5 in NY and mere 2 in CAR...

The other goalies playing well seems to me to be more about lack of forcing opposing goalies to move side to side and lack of shooting talent (especially prior years, its been better this year though some revision like last night) than it does carey price.

That seems logical since the team has in previous years had scoring issues when price is hurt too.

Its illogical to blame the goalie for lack of goal support.  Just like no one blamed Jake deGrom cause the mets hitters sucked 

I don't blame goal scoring on price sucking and not being worth 10 mill. I blame price for price sucking and not being worth 10 mill. Need NFL rules. You want the contract? He you go. Don't perform to your contract? There you go. Bye bye