Sign in to follow this  
illWill

Habs @ Sens, Dec 6, 19:30

25 minutes ago, DON said:

Domi 0 pts 4 hits

And a nice job baiting Smith into taking a stupid penalty. Although our PP couldn't do much with it ...

10 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

When is Armia due back?

late Dec

Petry now 13th in d-scoring.

44 minutes ago, Commandant said:

2 points in the last 2 games for the kid with no confidence.

He has 1 goal in his last 17 games and 2 points in his last 8.

He had a nice secondary assist tonight, but he made some soft ass plays on the puck too. 

Like I said, the last 6 or 7 games, he has looked like he was wearing down a bit

I know you're against the world jrs for him, but i think he could benefit from it 

He seems to be handling everything pretty well so far.

Lehkonen now five points in the last five games: a significant improvement over the 10 points in the first 23 games. Let's see whether he can keep it up or it's just a fluke.

Very happy with the past two games.  If we can ever get our PP to be even average, we are going to hang with even the really good teams playing this way with Weber back.

2 hours ago, Habopotamus said:

Brutal might be a bit strong, but hes been soft on his passes and just not making good decisions.

He has regress the past 6 or 7 games, which was bound to happen. I bet he does go to world jr s. 

I keep reading people saying he has nothing to prove in the tournament, but it acts as a refresh for him. Let him gain some confidence back and take a break from the nhl grind 

I've noticed him looking lost at times and he has definitely been bounced around in the past few games, looking very much like a boy playing with men on some shifts.  To be expected at his age/size.

They completely shut down the opposition in the 3rd again tonight.. since weber’s return, pretty much every game they have held the other team  to under 5/10 shots in the period. This is a huge indication to me that they are really heading in the right direction. 

Agostino looked good again as well. Strong on the puck. He might actually be cementing himself on that 4th line. With Armia set to return in 3 weeks a trade or waiver claim looms large.

ANd yes, if They fix that PP we could become a really dangerous team, considering we are one of the better 5on5 teams and especially because we draw the most penalties in hockey.

I kinda like what Chaput brings.  And Agostino from time to time as well.

Who will be left aside when Armia comes back ?   Deslauriers and Peca ??

8 minutes ago, JoeLassister said:

I kinda like what Chaput brings.  And Agostino from time to time as well.

Who will be left aside when Armia comes back ?   Deslauriers and Peca ??

Hudon's in that bubble zone as well.

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

Hudon's in that bubble zone as well.

True.   Shissh.  Sucks for him.

8 hours ago, JoeLassister said:

True.   Shissh.  Sucks for him.

Your a fan?

He has his good and bad moments, he is a team worst -8.

2 hours ago, Habopotamus said:

Bergevin said 95% sure Kotkaniemi stays in Montreal( won't loan to finland). "Unless a centre falls in his lap"

Maybe Tomas Plekanec will be interested in playing for the Montreal Canadiens.

On topic, I've long thought that Kotkaniemi will be with the big club all year, world juniors included. 

On ‎2018‎-‎12‎-‎07 at 8:29 PM, DON said:

Your a fan?

He has his good and bad moments, he is a team worst -8.

Tarasenko is -13,  Barzal is -12.   What's your point ?

Kadri, Barkov  they're all -8.    Gotta stop bringing  +/-  to praise or diss a player.

Instead, bring up the fact that he only has 4 points in 21 games and I'll be on board...

11 minutes ago, JoeLassister said:

Tarasenko is -13,  Barzal is -12.   What's your point ?

Those two dont play for Habs, so irrelevant (and both are highly skilled and will produce offense in top six).

Hudon normally doesnt defend very well and his play is inconsistent. SO to dumb it down for ya, having worst +/- on his team helps explain why he is sitting in pressbox and likely will be traded, barring injuries. Because he is too slow for top six and not strong defender, so where would you stick him? 3rd line is it, but all three of them are better than Hudon, so he is pretty hooped.

8 minutes ago, DON said:

Those two dont play for Habs, so irrelevant (and both are highly skilled and will produce offense in top six).

Hudon normally doesnt defend very well and his play is inconsistent. SO to dumb it down for ya, having worst +/- on his team helps explain why he is sitting in pressbox and likely will be traded, barring injuries. Because he is too slow for top six and not strong defender, so where would you stick him? 3rd line is it, but all three of them are better than Hudon, so he is pretty hooped.

Sorry, I was editing as you were responding.

I agree that he doesn't bring much,  but  I'd never use +/-  to evaluate a player.  Not in today's NHL.   +/-  are irrelevant to me.

3 hours ago, JoeLassister said:

Sorry, I was editing as you were responding.

I agree that he doesn't bring much,  but  I'd never use +/-  to evaluate a player.  Not in today's NHL.   +/-  are irrelevant to me.

Why not? worst +/- on one roster it seems a fair stat and for him it seems very appropriate.

If 5 of the d are +5 and one is -5, care to guess which is likely the weakest link and would not be playing on the PK?