DON

Habs (15th)           15-11-5, 4-5-1 last ten

Hurricanes (23rd) 13-12-4, 5-4-1

PP

Habs 30th, Hurricanes 23rd

PK

Habs 26th, Hurricanes 13th

Habs 16th in scoring, Hurricanes 30th

Aho 28pts and Ferland 11g are two for Habs to keep eye on.

Practice lines from this morning (see dlbalr's post for tweek or two)

"Drouin - Domi - Shaw
Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Byron - Kotkaniemi - Lehkonen
Agostino - Chaput - Deslauriers
Hudon - Peca

Kulak - Weber
Reilly - Petry
Benn - Juulsen
Schlemko

Price
Niemi"

Looks like Schlemko sits with Reilly taking his place - Peca is in for Deslauriers up front and Price is in net.  Weber and Petry are set to play on PP1 (I can think of one poster who will be pleased with this), sending Kotkaniemi down to PP2.

NHL.com pre-game notes:

MONTREAL - Here are five things you need to know ahead of Thursday night's game against the Carolina Hurricanes at the Bell Centre.

1. The Canadiens begin a three-game homestand on Thursday against the Hurricanes. The Habs have just returned from a rather successful road trip, picking up four of a possible six points, with only the Minnesota Wild beating Montreal on the voyage. After Carolina, the Canadiens play the Ottawa Senators and then the Boston Bruins. It'll be the third game against the Sens in 12 days, with Montreal taking the first two.

2. Andrew Shaw is on a mini-tear of late, having collected a point in five straight games - notably earning his first point against his former team, the Chicago Blackhawks, with an assist on Sunday. Shaw is currently sixth on the team in scoring with 18 points (6G, 12A) in 27 games.

3. Jeff Petry is on a points streak of his own - a three-game stretch in his case. The blue-liner has amassed four points (2G, 2A) during the string. The 31-year-old American leads all Canadiens defensemen in goals (5) and points (22) this season.

4. The Hurricanes are soldiering through a rough patch, having won only one of their last five games. Captain Justin Williams has a goal in each of his last two games, and has 16 points (6G, 10A) in 2018-19. Centerman Sebastian Aho leads the 'Canes with 28 points (8G, 20A).

5. Puck drop is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. The game will be televised on TSN2 and RDS, and will be on the radio on TSN 690 and 98,5 fm.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Looks like Schlemko sits with Reilly taking his place - Peca is in for Deslauriers up front and Price is in net.  Weber and Petry are set to play on PP1 (I can think of one poster who will be pleased with this), sending Kotkaniemi down to PP2.

LoL it’s a start that’s for sure... one of them has to be a QB though I’m guessing Petry stays on the right/top  and Weber tees them up from the left... Drouin should now come off the right side boards with Domi and Gallagher in there perspective corners?

at work till 9 so won’t be watching till then 

14 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

I heard they are in white at home?

Correct.  Carolina's owner doesn't like their road whites so they asked if the Habs were okay with wearing their white jerseys.  It's great - I wish they'd go back to that full-time.

42 minutes ago, DON said:

Is Schlemko as slow-footed for an average sized guy as it seems to me? He and Alzner would battle in a race i think.

That's an odd comment in a game where he's a healthy scratch.  I actually think he's a better skater than some give him credit for - I don't think it'd be close between him and Alzner in a race.

Remember when a Canes - Habs game was almost always a low scoring affair that we would lose?  This started off looking dubious, but suddenly it's an entertaining track meet.  If we could just fix the damned powerplay...

11 minutes ago, Habopotamus said:

Prices angle was way off on that. 

I'm less concerned with his angle, and more concerned about how on earth a point man is that wide open and allowed to walk on down to the top of the circle without so much as a hint of a checker in his path.

22 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

I'm less concerned with his angle, and more concerned about how on earth a point man is that wide open and allowed to walk on down to the top of the circle without so much as a hint of a checker in his path.

He had a clean look at the shot. The entire right side of the net was wide open. 

You are right though, but man, Price has let up a lot of goals this year. 

Fun game to watch. D was definetly suspect

24 minutes ago, Habopotamus said:

D was definetly suspect

What else is new?

Kulak had a tough game, the whole LD is the suspect part of the D core and teams punish the Habs mercilessly for it.

The RD is a strength, I think a move will be made to bring in at least one capable LD defenceman to try and get players playing in correct positions.

13 minutes ago, Scott462 said:

What else is new?

Kulak had a tough game, the whole LD is the suspect part of the D core and teams punish the Habs mercilessly for it.

The RD is a strength, I think a move will be made to bring in at least one capable LD defenceman to try and get players playing in correct positions.

You can definetly notice when team's are on the rush, they all filter to the left side of the ice.