Game#34 Dec 17 2018 Bruins vs Habs 7:30

DON

Image result for images Bruins vs Canadiens

Price going for Win #300! (299-209-66)

• So far Bruins and Canadiens have split season series 1-1
  • Bruins are 1point behind Habs, both in Wildcards spots.
  • Is a "BIG" game and last home game in December; Habs will have two 3game road trips, before and after X-mas with a game new years eve in Dallas.
  • Likely be Halak vs Price, after Sabres put 4 by Rask yesterday.
  • Will be 3rd game in 4 nights for Bruins; Habs are well rested.
  • PP: Habs 30th (12.3%), Bruins 6th (25.2%)
  • PK: Habs 25th (71.6%), Bruins 24th (77.1%)
  • I doubt Habs lineup will have any changes, see later today.

20 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Gotta stay out of the penalty box tonight.

Gotta hope the Bruins stay out of the penalty box tonight ?

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

I find it hard to believe that they practice the PP...how can you be this damn bad unless you are winging it?!

Maybe it's the other way around - they're overthinking.  For example, their transition is very slow - get the puck to centre while one or two hang back for the drop pass, then that player skates or chips it in which means everyone has to get to a spot and wait.  It's nothing like their 5-on-5 transition which is get it and go (not get it, look for a drop pass, and slow down to let that guy skate it in).  

7 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Maybe it's the other way around - they're overthinking.  For example, their transition is very slow - get the puck to centre while one or two hang back for the drop pass, then that player skates or chips it in which means everyone has to get to a spot and wait.  It's nothing like their 5-on-5 transition which is get it and go (not get it, look for a drop pass, and slow down to let that guy skate it in).  

New plan for the next period:  only put guys out on the PP who don't practice on a PP unit, tell them to go out there and just go for it shinny-style.  It couldn't be any worse than the results we have been getting over the past 7.333 games

This team is consistent: terrible PP, and absolute dogsh!t 4 on 4

A friend of mine texted me " 4 on 4" with an emoji that indicated a predicted goal against as soon as it was called.  It's on the coaching staff to whip these fools into shape.

• Upvote 1