Habs select Jimmy Bonneau 8/244

puck7x

ANOTHER MONTREAL ROCKET!!! What the hell? lol

Jimmy Bonneau - LW , ... A GOON ... 261 pims last year

241 MTL JIMMY BONNEAU 3/22/1985 BAIE-COMEAU, PQ CA 6' 2 216 QMJHL MONTREAL LW L

[Edited on 2003/6/22 by puck7x]

French link

March 27th 2003

Only 17, LW Jimmy Bonneau is making a name for himself as one of the leagues enforcers. He wins his fights, and that inspires his teammates. "You never back down on the ice. When I fight there's always a little fear there but that's what makes me give all I have in me".

In Midget AAA fights were not permitted, so it's only once in training camp for the Montreal Rockets last August that Bonneau started to distinguish himself with his fists: "I started fighting right off the bat, and I found that I could impose myself on the ice."

His long-term goal is to make the NHL, he's hoping to follow the foot-steps of Laraque, Warrell, Stock who went from the QJMHL to the NHL.

"Many vets don't want to fight me because I'm a rookie, but I want to fight the best... that's my job."

This guy will never hesitate to come to the defense of his teammates.

Other than fighting, Jimmy has shown he can play too. Since the arrival of Alain Vigneault he's been getting more ice-time.

This year he had 1 goal and 5 assists, and 249 PIM making him one of the most penalized players in the league.

Do we need a guy like this or what...

Jimmy Bonneau (8th round, 247th overall) is the Canadiens' third selection from the Montreal Rocket, joining second-round picks Cory Urquhart and Maxim Lapierre. At 6-foot-2 and 216 pounds, he is a physical force who compares himself with Georges Laracque, Peter Worrell and Donald Brashear.

"I have to work on my skating, but I think that I can play on the fourth line," said Bonneau, who is hoping to get more ice time next season when the Rocket moves to Charlottetown. He played about five minutes a game last season and averaged more than four minutes in penalties each game.

"I had 23 fights," he said. "Sometimes it's hard to say who won a fight, but I don't think I lost more than three of them."

"He's a role player," Timmins said.

Jimmy Bonneau - 8th Round – 241st

Left Wing, 6’2’’ – 216 lbs (Baie-Comeau – QMJHL)

2002-2003: 65, 1-5-6

The fourth QMJHL talent drafted by the Canadiens on the weekend, Jimmy Bonneau is expected to become a power forward as he evolves. Bonneau is yound and will continue to develop, and his name is likely to be on the QMJHL's fast track in the coming years. He was listed as the 153rd North American skaters by the CSB.

[Edited on 2003-6-23 by puck7x]

• 1 month later...