Why are the habs so hit and miss?

Meller93

1 hour ago, Neech said:

I'm worried about him losing that step within the next couple of years, and think it would be best to move off that contract while he still has value seeing as we probably won't be contending in that time span.  

Price, meanwhile, has to rehabilitate his value before he becomes tradeable, and even then not many teams would want that cap hit in goal.  That contract has the potential of becoming the worst albatross in the league if Carey is just average.

I will be absolutely shocked if they ever pre-emptively trade either player. Their games will have to crater before old-school Bergevin seriously starts considering it.

39 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I will be absolutely shocked if they ever pre-emptively trade either player. Their games will have to crater before old-school Bergevin seriously starts considering it.

Bergevin would never do it, but a new regime might.  

14 hours ago, Neech said:

Bergevin would never do it, but a new regime might.  

True. However, Bergevin has succeeded in redefining expectations. Most fans and commentators seem to have forgotten that his responsibility was to take the team he inherited and elevate it to a Cup contender/champion. He did exactly the opposite, wasting what he was gifted and turning it into garbage. Now everyone is delighted that the team is not garbage, and happily looking forward to the possibility that the current crop may eventually become as good (or better) than the team he pissed down the crapper.

All of which is to say that I think Bergevin will be here for many years yet. Only if he f**ks up the current rebuild as badly as he f**ked up the previous rebuild will Molson pull the trigger.

21 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

True. However, Bergevin has succeeded in redefining expectations. Most fans and commentators seem to have forgotten that his responsibility was to take the team he inherited and elevate it to a Cup contender/champion. He did exactly the opposite, wasting what he was gifted and turning it into garbage. Now everyone is delighted that the team is not garbage, and happily looking forward to the possibility that the current crop may eventually become as good (or better) than the team he pissed down the crapper.

All of which is to say that I think Bergevin will be here for many years yet. Only if he f**ks up the current rebuild as badly as he f**ked up the previous rebuild will Molson pull the trigger.

Why so upset? This are going better than expected. 

The team was never as bad as you mention it also  never a real cup contender. 

But must signs point to better days ahead.

3 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Why so upset? This are going better than expected. 

The team was never as bad as you mention it also  never a real cup contender. 

But must signs point to better days ahead.

Missed the post season 2 out of 3 years with a first-round exit thrown in...you and I have different definitions of garbage. As for the 2014 and 2015 teams not being on the cusp of contention, sure, keep peddling delusions if it makes you feel better. It's like climate change denial...doesn't change the facts.

• Upvote 1