Game #43 Jan 7 2019, Wild vs Habs 7:30

DON

Image result for images wild vs habs

1st meeting since Dec 11 7-1 beatdown.

2 pretty even teams, in similar spots in their conferences.

"With an assist on Shea Weber's goal on Saturday night against Nashville, Jesperi Kotkaniemi became the third player in franchise history to register 20 points or more before his 19th birthday, joining Mario Tremblay (1974-75) and Petr Svoboda (1984-85)."

Wild have beat Leafs and Sens and looking for 3rd win in a row.

:gohabsgo:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DON said:

"With an assist on Shea Weber's goal on Saturday night against Nashville, Jesperi Kotkaniemi became the third player in franchise history to register 20 points or more before his 19th birthday, joining Mario Tremblay (1974-75) and Petr Svoboda (1984-85).

3 of these things are awesome. The other is Mario Tremblay.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

They could just be holding out Weber for precautionary reasons too - too much swelling to make a diagnosis so ere on the side of caution.  The defence hasn't looked too sharp in his absence.  How many high-quality chances did they give up there?

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

They could just be holding out Weber for precautionary reasons too - too much swelling to make a diagnosis so ere on the side of caution.  The defence hasn't looked too sharp in his absence.  How many high-quality chances did they give up there?

I hope so,

Far too many for comfort. Lol

With the fourth line not playing much (Deslauriers is at just 4:42), I wonder if they'll drop him back on D (his natural position) for a shift or two in the third to try to balance things a little bit.  I doubt they will but it's an option at least.

Not a fan of using a timeout there with 30 seconds left and giving the Minny defenders the chance to rest.  Throw on a fresh Kotka and co. against a tired defense, it's not like our main guys were lighting it up anyways.

Petry's giveaway was terrible, but Price seemed to give up on stopping the puck as soon as he touched the Minny player, who was well out of the crease.

How often does Drouin just throw the puck to the open ice without checking if there's a teammate there to receive it?  

10 minutes ago, Neech said:

Petry's giveaway was terrible, but Price seemed to give up on stopping the puck as soon as he touched the Minny player, who was well out of the crease.

I think that Price knew he had no chance at it so he caused contact with the Minny player to hopefully get the goal called back. He did the same thing the other night but it didn't work then either. 

Julien said Weber is fine thank god, might play tomorrow.

11 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Figures Petry would be the goat...after all, I've been going on and on lately about how great he is :1vomit:

Haha indeed!

18 minutes ago, illWill said:

I think that Price knew he had no chance at it so he caused contact with the Minny player to hopefully get the goal called back. He did the same thing the other night but it didn't work then either. 

That was probably his thinking, but I thought he had time to try to fight around the obstacle.  Might not have worked anyways, but it just seemed like he gave up on that immediately.  

13 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Figures Petry would be the goat...after all, I've been going on and on lately about how great he is :1vomit:

See the wording is the problem...

some (me, lolll) still see the word goat as an acronym 1st; unless you put curry right after, see: goat curry. :D

oterwise i see G.O.A.T. as: Greatest Of All Time :D:D:D

(edit) some puke at just the thought of goat curry so u might still be on to something :( I like goat curry :D:)

(editedit) I don't know Petry nickname but maybe now it can be: goat curry? :D

4 hours ago, ehjay said:

See the wording is the problem...

some (me, lolll) still see the word goat as an acronym 1st; unless you put curry right after, see: goat curry. :D

oterwise i see G.O.A.T. as: Greatest Of All Time :D:D:D

(edit) some puke at just the thought of goat curry so u might still be on to something :( I like goat curry :D:)

(editedit) I don't know Petry nickname but maybe now it can be: goat curry? :D

are you sure that goat curry doesn't refer to Greatest of All Time Steph Curry in the NBA? 

22 hours ago, Commandant said:

are you sure that goat curry doesn't refer to Greatest of All Time Steph Curry in the NBA? 

no; goat curry is goat curry (Great food) :D

but Steph Curry is not the G.O.A.T. (NBA player) yet imho but sure AF shoots the rock like 1 :o:)

41 minutes ago, ehjay said:

no; goat curry is goat curry (Great food) :D

but Steph Curry is not the G.O.A.T. (NBA player) yet imho but sure AF shoots the rock like 1 :o:)

Not the GOAT player, but the GOAT 3-point shooter for me. 

• Upvote 1