Vanek - Nielsen - Mantha

Athanasiou - Glendening - Helm

Rasmussen - de la Rose - Abdelkader

Kronwall - Jensen

Ericsson - Hronek

Cholowski - Witkowski

Howard

Montreal.jpg

(Lines are merely placeholders from last night, nothing is confirmed yet)

Drouin - Domi - Armia

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher

Lehkonen - Kotkaniemi - Byron

Hudon - Peca - Agostino

Mete - Petry

Reilly - Alzner*

Kulak - Benn

Niemi

* - Weber is a game-time decision.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Habopotamus said:

Not feelin' Armia on that top line

I don't like him there, I didn't like Byron with those two either. 

The best chemistry seemed to be with Shaw, but you can't use him right now. So I guess they figure Armia is a grinder like Shaw.  

27 minutes ago, Commandant said:

The best chemistry seemed to be with Shaw, but you can't use him right now. So I guess they figure Armia is a grinder like Shaw.  

Ever since Byron came back injury, he hasn't looked the same 

48 minutes ago, Habopotamus said:

Ever since Byron came back injury, he hasn't looked the same 

That contract looking worse and worse.  No need to extend him at that point.  Without his top end speed Byron doesn't have much to distinguish himself as a player.

12 minutes ago, Neech said:

That contract looking worse and worse.  No need to extend him at that point.  Without his top end speed Byron doesn't have much to distinguish himself as a player.

He's on pace for another 20 goal season.... the contract is pretty low AAV wise.  Lets not let a short cold streak change things on him.... 

Its as silly as the Petry hate last night was. 

There is no evidence that he's lost any speed at this point. 

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

I figure that's the case as well.  They need someone that can do the dirty work and while Byron has his strengths, that's not one of them.  I think Gallagher could fit on that line as well but Julien seems to want to keep his line intact.

Not a bad second period after a tough showing in the first.  They need these two points as they're not getting any help from Buffalo tonight (NYI is tied in the 3rd at the moment).

35 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I figure that's the case as well.  They need someone that can do the dirty work and while Byron has his strengths, that's not one of them.  I think Gallagher could fit on that line as well but Julien seems to want to keep his line intact.

Not a bad second period after a tough showing in the first.  They need these two points as they're not getting any help from Buffalo tonight (NYI is tied in the 3rd at the moment).

Carolina wins 4-3 in regulation

Didn't do much in the final 15 minutes other than hang on for dear life, but I'll take the 2 points.

Hopefully they figure out how to play dominating hockey again soon, because this month is full of weak opponents and the Habs should be going full throttle til the All-star weekend/buy week.

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

There is no evidence that he's lost any speed at this point. 

I feel like he's maybe lost a half step, I don't see him on as many breakaways lately.  He's still really fast but is he as fast as a year or two ago?  And that will only decline with each year.

Nice to hang on for the win, but I still feel like we're closer to the Detroits and Arizonas of the league than the Nashvilles.

10 minutes ago, Neech said:

I feel like he's maybe lost a half step, I don't see him on as many breakaways lately.  He's still really fast but is he as fast as a year or two ago?  And that will only decline with each year.

Nice to hang on for the win, but I still feel like we're closer to the Detroits and Arizonas of the league than the Nashvilles.

There was a race to a loose puck with 5 minutes left where he blew by the Detroit defenceman, Cholowski, who also has good wheels.

Its a short term slump right now... Something all goal scorers get, and the reason he's a 20 goal guy instead of a 50 goal guy, is his slumps are longer than the big scorers. 

I am happy that they responded with a win after the last two losses, it was important to get. That being said, Detroit is terrible on paper and are quite beatable. I loved seeing Weber fly to Michigan with a swollen face and dealing with it. He tried a full cage but didnt feel comfortable, so he took off his last line of protection. These are the things that his teammates, bosses and peers all admire

Niemi > Howard

26 minutes ago, illWill said:

I am happy that they responded with a win after the last two losses, it was important to get. That being said, Detroit is terrible on paper and are quite beatable. I loved seeing Weber fly to Michigan with a swollen face and dealing with it. He tried a full cage but didnt feel comfortable, so he took off his last line of protection. These are the things that his teammates, bosses and peers all admire

They said the swelling looked like a baseball on his face :shocked:

Since I haven't hesitated to drag him for his crappy performances it would be unfair to not mention that Niemi played a good game last night. Managed to keep the Habs in it while they scrambled for the latter half of the 3rd period, for sure.