Jan. 18/19, Cleveland vs Laval

dlbalr

Fresh off a victory against Belleville on Wednesday, Laval (17-17-6) looks to continue their winning ways as they host Cleveland (18-15-5) for a pair of games.

Cleveland.png

(Lines are based on last game's +/- data and some guesses)

Robinson - Scott - Sherwood

Broadhurst - Letestu - Korostelev

Abramov - MacInnis - Fortier

DeSalvo - Gallant

Clendening - Simpson

Carlsson - Prapavessis

Cross - Siebenaler

Somerby

Berube

Laval.png

(Lines are from last game with a guess on where Sklenicka will slot back in with Karl Alzner recalled)

Audette - Evans - Belzile

Kile - Vejdemo - Alain

Jevpalovs - Froese - Waked

Shinkaruk - Martineau - Grenier

Ouellet - Lernout

Sklenicka - Fleury

Plant - Lamarche

McNiven

Puck drop is at 7:30 PM EST on Friday and 3:00 PM EST on Saturday.  91.9 Sports has the coverage in French and RDS is showing Saturday's game as well.

37 minutes ago, DON said:

Tied for 22nd in league, but 5-3-1-1 in last ten isn't horrible.

I don't follow Laval as closely as I should, but it seems like it took 1/3 of the season for Bouchard to get the Lefebvre out of the team. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trizzak said:

I don't follow Laval as closely as I should, but it seems like it took 1/3 of the season for Bouchard to get the Lefebvre out of the team. 

It seemed the goaltending early in the season just sucked, they were outplaying teams and losing cause of goaltending. 

As that has improved, so has the record.

10 minutes ago, DON said:

Only has played 1 game since Dec 21st. (must of been injured?)

Nope.  Don't forget, he was up with the Habs in late December - he was sent back down on January 2nd.  Since then, Lindgren has returned as well and they've given LaCouvee a couple of starts (he's 4-0 since joining the team) so there hasn't been a ton of playing time for McNiven.

Cleveland scored before the end of the 2nd but Laval picked up the lead late in the 3rd with goals from Audette/Grenier.  However, the Monsters tied it up shortly after that and won in a shootout.  It's tough to lose a point against a team they need to stay ahead of but given their lineup, it's hard to be too upset.  Laval is going to have to pick up some wins on the road now as 11 of their next 12 are away from home.

https://theahl.com/stats/game-summary/1018962