Trade Deadline Planning

Commandant

What about trying to pick up S. Gostisbehere or M. Matheson? Maybe if we offer the Flyers or the Pathers to pick up some dead weight off their roster, the cost would be lower...

Both players are 25 or under, have lots of NHL experience and both could play next to Weber. If you could get your hands on one of them without having to give up Suzuki or Poehling. 

The panthers reportedly were unwilling to deal matheson for william nylander when the holdout was going on. Im not sure hes on the table. 

If gostisbehere is available (and there has been some rumbling of that but sources on it have been questionable at best) then yes i would be in on that.

3 hours ago, Habsfan said:

What about trying to pick up S. Gostisbehere or M. Matheson? Maybe if we offer the Flyers or the Pathers to pick up some dead weight off their roster, the cost would be lower...

If you could get your hands on one of them without having to give up Suzuki or Poehling. 

So not those two, who would be quasi-equal value you would part with? Brook, Juulsen, Lehkonen, Ikonen, Ylonen, Mete, Romanov, Fleury?

31 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Mete or Lehkonen for Gotisbehere is fair value.

Isn't it? :spamafote:

If you combined the two, maybe.  I'm not a big Gostisbehere fan (I don't like d-men that are incapable of playing defence) but he's a top-four guy in TOI on a decent contract for four more years.  It's going to cost a lot to get him, not a mid-tier asset.  If I'm the Flyers, I don't consider moving him unless there's a first rounder in the trade and neither of those Habs are worth a 1st.

On 26/01/2019 at 5:49 PM, DON said:

So not those two, who would be quasi-equal value you would part with? Brook, Juulsen, Lehkonen, Ikonen, Ylonen, Mete, Romanov, Fleury?

I'd be willing to part ways with Mete or Juulsen and a high draft pick to get my hands on one of Gostisbehere or Matheson. 

I know that offering one of Mete and/or Juulsen and a 2nd round pick is not enough to get you hands on Gostisbehere or Matheson, but that's why I suggested picking up some dead weight from one of those teams (like we did with Winnipeg in the Armia deal).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Commandant said:

You are one of my favorite posters... top 3 with CC and DLB

Yo  Trizzak,  wanna start a downvote frenzy on his ass ?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, JoeLassister said:

Yo  Trizzak,  wanna start a downvote frenzy on his ass ?

I respect his picks, and they are all fine posters.

We riot at dawn. Habsworld will be ours. Death to the infidels. 

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

I respect his picks, and they are all fine posters.

We riot at dawn. Habsworld will be ours. Death to the infidels. 

Alright, you make a good point.

Torches and Pitchforks out !

Moves I'd like to see happen but would settle for just one of them:

Trade some high end futures for a top 4 LD under team control. 

Add a 4th line center. I was hoping for Boyle but oh well. 

Acquire a top 6 RW. There are plenty available so it is a buyer's market. The price on a rental should be low so perhaps we can get a Vanek type deal. 

15 hours ago, illWill said:

Acquire a top 6 RW. There are plenty available so it is a buyer's market. The price on a rental should be low so perhaps we can get a Vanek type deal. 

It's funny that you mention Vanek.  I just read an article on The Hockey News site last week where the author was suggesting Bergevin rethink his plans to not go after rentals and suggested Vanek as a possible target.  The author was saying that the price likely wouldn't be that high when you look at what he was traded for the past couple of seasons.

On 2/9/2019 at 1:48 AM, illWill said:

If Weise is considered a top 6 RW, then that's 2 of my 3 wishes granted already ?

6 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Yes...for the Toledo Walleye :B)

The Tilburg Trappers sure loved it when Dale "Dutch Gretzky" Weise put up 48 points in 19 games during the lockout 

10 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

Greenville swamp rabbits would love to have him. 

:halm:

Bonus marks if you knew that franchise without Googling it

57 minutes ago, Habopotamus said:

I'm pretty sure I heard Weise basically quit on Philly. Stopped going to practise and skates.

I remember Weise almost getting a sense of entitlement, when he was in Montreal. He seemed to forget he was bottom 6 player. 

Surely any sense of entitlement has been beaten out of him by now? He's been a 4th-liner since he left Montreal.

1 hour ago, Habopotamus said:

I'm pretty sure I heard Weise basically quit on Philly. Stopped going to practise and skates.

I remember Weise almost getting a sense of entitlement, when he was in Montreal. He seemed to forget he was bottom 6 player. 

Wiese was told by the general manager in Philly to stay home. Also, he said when acquired that he would go to Laval and work his way up-- that doesn't sound like a sense of entitlement to me. 

2 hours ago, PMAC said:

Wiese was told by the general manager in Philly to stay home. Also, he said when acquired that he would go to Laval and work his way up-- that doesn't sound like a sense of entitlement to me. 

He forgot who he was many times when he was in Montreal. It's the reason Therrien sat him for a game in the playoffs. He would get too comfortable playing on the top line. When he was put down the line up, his skating slowed way down and his intensity shit the bed. 

"When Scott Gordon replaced Hakstol. Weise was relegated to a fourth-line checking role, which, let’s just say, he refused to embrace. In recent games at Washington and last Saturday in New Jersey, Weise played a combined 20:38 with a whole lot of nothing — no shots, no hits, no blocks and, quite frankly, no interest"

I like Weise, but I really hope he can accept his role on the fourth line