Game #51 The Return of Galchenyuk 7:30 Jan 23

DON

What is potential 1st line center Alex Galchenyuk doing on the 3rd line as a left wing for a non playoff team? 

This is coming from a guy who likes the kid and thinks he has all the tools in the world, but no box to put them in. 

1 hour ago, illWill said:

What is potential 1st line center Alex Galchenyuk doing on the 3rd line as a left wing for a non playoff team? 

This is coming from a guy who likes the kid and thinks he has all the tools in the world, but no box to put them in. 

Yeah he just doesn't have the head for the game that many of his less talented peers do.  

1 hour ago, illWill said:

Fell off a bit in last few games, but before that he had 15 points in 15 games. 

I hated the Galchenyuk trade, but there is not a chance in hell I would trade Domi for Galchenyuk now. It was Ignorance on my part for sure, but Domi is the better hockey player.

10 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Why is Armia on the first PP unit?

O career PP goals and 8 career assists in 251 minutes of PP time in his career

Because now every powerplay idea the coaches have starts with the words, "#### it! Let's try..."

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Helmethead said:

They’ve looked so good over the past 10 min. Vicious forecheck on the penalty kill.

All in all, it was a pretty good period from the Habs.  It's disappointing they came out -1 for the frame.

18 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Domi is putting pucks in skates a lot today. Little bit antsy trying to outperform his old team in front of the Montreal crowd?

I think so.  It'd be nice to see him simply try to shoot it a bit more and simplify things.

Deserved that one, hell of a challenge by the video crew or whoever made that call.  We generated a lot of open shots in the first two periods, it's just that we don't have the best shooters.  Weird game from Lekhonen, did not look like the smart reliable player we normally take him for.  Armia had some huge shifts, and  Hudon was pretty solid, though he'll probably once again get the short straw when Byron returns.