Game #56 Feb 9 2019, 7:00 Leafs at Habs

Trizzak

9 minutes ago, brobin said:

And the pp costs us another game.  You knew the leafs were going to score on the three on three. 

Someone good at math needs to determine how many points the Habs have missed because of the bad powerplay, and then staple it to both Bergevin and Julien's respective foreheads. 

Our PP in OT was crap.  Armia doesn't belong out there at 4 on 3, and Domi made some dumb plays.  Did anyone have confidence that whatever Kirk was drawing up was going to work?  Kotka had a shaky game, but I would have liked to see him out there with the open ice.  As soon as it was 3 on 3 the Leafs have the obvious advantage. 

Incidentally, an OT loss to the Leafs isn't that bad for us in the standings if our goal is to play the Metro in the playoffs.

I think the Habs showed they can hang with Toronto but some odd coaching decisions hurt the team from getting the two points among other things.

I look forward to a playoff series with them if the stars align but with how close the standings are right now who knows what the matchups will be.

9 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

The PP let us down again, and I felt like Price didn't come up big when needed most...was a little too deep on the tying goal, and I think he gets that one when he has his 'A' game.

The Nylander goal was the only one he probably wants back. Even so it was a great shot by Nylander and Price has been playing great lately.

The most annoying thing about this loss is that it's now 6 straight against the Leafs, and I'd like to nip that streak in the bud.  Otherwise another good performance and exciting game.  The lineups on paper do not look like the even matchup we just saw.

Carey looked a little sluggish on the first goal as well as the third.  We need him to be the difference in games like these.  

Monday I have to face a co-worker who is a Leafs fan, I look forward to pointing out how close the Leafs were to being beat by my underdog CH, and how much fun it will be to see the Leafs implode in the playoffs :)

I am so proud of the Canadiens, the 4th line was exposed and needs an upgrade but overall it was a good game.

Finn line had 10 shots and Armia had 6 of them.

Out of his 8 shifts in the game, Deslauriers managed to be on for first 2 leaf goals.

30th ranked PP and 21st PK!

I didnt know Habs PP was 13th both last 2 years and 1 for 5 yesterday is respectable i suppose.

BUT, Habs just have 24 PP goals and if equalled the Panthers PP% (27%), they would have 48 goals on their 178 PP so far.

Twice as many seems alot to miss out on.

The Habs still need a pure shooter on the PP, right now there only option is Weber and Kotkaniemi on the right wall is a good start since his shot is getting better each game so keep going with that.

If they could acquire and actual sniper/goal scorer that will instantly help the PP.

A great effort, a very solid game on all fronts, Toronto came to play and so did we.

But in OT, when I saw Danault with Lehkonen out there, I just felt it in my bones, we were going to lose this imminently. OT is not the place to play cautious, try not to lose hockey, its a cursed strategy like playing to protect the one goal lead for an entire period instead of keeping your foot on the pedal, it almost ALWAYS bites you in the rear. There was no reason in the world to have 2 defensive work horses out in a 3 on 3 OT situation unless you are challenging the curse to a 1 on 1 duel, and we got slapped in the face for it fairly quickly.