Habs acquire Dale Weise and Christian Folin

dlbalr

10 minutes ago, zumpano21 said:

This is all about cap space I’m assuming.

Not really.  They have plenty of cap space this season and are actually adding money for next year since Weise makes $250K more than Schlemko.  I actually think Folin is the key to the trade, an upgrade on Alzner as the #7 D without giving up anything of value in terms of picks/prospects. 

11 minutes ago, zumpano21 said:

This is all about cap space I’m assuming.

It's all basically a wash cap wise. This is about getting another right handed D while Juulsen recovers, and shipping out a left handed D for 4th line help that Julien has been requesting through the media for weeks.

"Folin, 27, has participated in 26 games thus far this season with Philadelphia, recording two assists, 16 penalty minutes, 60 hits and a +5 differential. The 6'03'' and 204 lbs defenseman is averaging 15:33 of ice time per game.

In 209 career NHL regular season games with Minnesota, Los Angeles and Philadelphia since his debut in 2013-14, Folin has recorded 38 points (7 goals, 31 assists) and 96 penalty minutes. A native of Gothenburg, Sweden, he has a +21 differential. Folin appeared in six career NHL playoff games."

15 minutes ago, mineral said:

Dutch Gretzky should offset SOME of the offense lost from Froese going the other way.

I don't think he'll be with Laval for long anyway.  Once the 23-man roster limit is lifted, I'm sure he'll be recalled.  (Same with Alzner who is officially on waivers to make room for Folin.)

• Upvote 1

Hudon and Peca won't be in the lineup once everyone is healthy. 

Shaw or most likely Byron with Domi and Tatar.

Deslaurias Shaw Weisse is a much better 4th line they they currently have. CJ will love that grinding line

27 minutes ago, Chris said:

Hudon and Peca won't be in the lineup once everyone is healthy. 

Shaw or most likely Byron with Domi and Tatar.

Deslaurias Shaw Weisse is a much better 4th line they they currently have. CJ will love that grinding line

How is that fourth line better than Hudon Shaw Pecca. Weise is barely an nhl capable player at this point and Deslauriers is close to the same. 

A big part of this team winning games so decisively lately, is the fact that their rolling 4 lines with speed and skill.

Seems like a pretty irrelevant move, but hopefully Folin is decent. 

I'm not a fan of Bergy targeting 'his guys' - not sure if that's what's going on here, and it's not like we gave up anything anyways.

Playoff opponents will be quaking knowing that we have Weise in our back pocket.