Habs acquire Dale Weise and Christian Folin

dlbalr

1 hour ago, Helmethead said:

As washed up as Weise might have seemed these past two years I wouldn’t discount the possibility of semi-resurrecting himself. Players like him bleed for teams they identify with. 

If coming back here rejuvenates his career, I only hope we can trade him for top 4 defenseman Raphael Diaz.

• Like 4

I was wondering if this trade was going to happen.  Seen some people suggesting this trade on another site (well the Schlemko for Weise part anyway).  Overall, I don't mind this deal at all.  Weise is Claude Julien type of player and Folin is solid depth (like dlbalr said he's an upgrade over Alzner and I would say he's an upgrade over Schlemko as well).  

2 hours ago, Trizzak said:

If coming back here rejuvenates his career, I only hope we can trade him for top 4 defenseman Raphael Diaz.

Still niggling Berkshire after all these years— I admire your persistence 

I logged onto the forums after getting off a long flight and being offline before that ... and had to double-check the date on this thread. Whaaaat?

Still, I'll take Weise over Schlemko. At 30 he still has some potential, and maybe Montreal is where he can best show that. And hopefully Folin can crack the starting lineup.