Habs at Predators, 8pm EST

Neech

The Habs hope to continue their strong play with a visit to Music City and a Preds team with Cup aspirations.  The game marks another chapter of the Shwebs vs PK debate, albeit with our Captain's position looking stronger this time around.  Perhaps PK's been distracted with his celebrity love affair?

4E2E9DE400000578-5949315-image-a-157_153

Maybe Mike Fisher could teach him a thing or two about dating a famous blonde and playing at an all-star level (or at least the first part).

carrie-underwood-mike-fisher-little-thin

Or maybe the time is ripe for the Habs to steal more than just the game from the Preds!  Would you leave your woman alone with any of these smoldering scoundrels?

max-domi-2019-45.jpg          victor-mete-2019-45.jpg

jesperi-kotkaniemi-2018-1224.jpg          brendan-gallagher-2019-45.jpg

The drama unfolds at 8pm Eastern.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, tomh009 said:

Neither PK nor Weber can solve those woes alone ...

It seems to me that being a good powerplay QB is less about having a bomb from the point and more about puck distribution à la Markov.

5 hours ago, Trizzak said:

... you been watching a lot of Desperate Houselwives lately, Neech?

No, but I'm liking Kotka's chances to steal a wife!

A peak at how his first night with Lindsey or Carrie would go:

13 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

Weber isn’t a QB...

and Nashville has the same problem as us...

weber-R

Petry-R

Subban -R

Josi-R 

coincidence?

i think not

Both PPs are atrocious. Josi is a left shot though.

I question whether one of the keys to a PP is having at least one guy who is comfortable having the puck on his stick for prolonged periods of time while being able to defend it - puck on a string comes to mind.

A guy like that can exhaust the patience of a defender, coax him into making a mistake, thereby creating an opening for himself or someone else. 

Kovalev comes to mind. Is that the last time we had a truly good PP?

• Upvote 1

Most teams in the NHL aren't playing 2 defencemen on the same unit.  Most good PPs have 4 forwards on them. 

Our PP has been better in recent games with Kotkaniemi and Weber on opposite sides, giving two players for Drouin to set up for one timers.  

That second option on the other side of the ice is key as it prevents teams from overplaying the one shooter. 

22 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

That was a much better second period despite winding up losing on the scoreboard.  After an ugly first period, the new fourth line had some good moments.

21 shots, and some good chances. But need to get the puck into the net.

Great game from Carey overall.  We hung right there with another elite team, but we don't quite have the top end talent yet to finish enough chances.  Armia and Shaw aren't built for the powerplay, though both continued their strong play.  

I can't blame Mete for missing that open net, he was one-timing it at a tough angle.  Probably wouldn't have made a difference anyhow as we barely gained the zone with the goalie pulled.