Deadline Day Discussion

dlbalr

25 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Carolina trades Cliff Pu to Florida for Tomas Jurco (who's on a minor league contract).  This was the prospect they picked up in the Jeff Skinner trade.  A bad deal looks even worse now...

I would've given up a minor leaguer for Pu in a heartbeat.  Was really hoping the Habs were going to get him in the 2016 draft before Buffalo grabbed him one pick ahead of us.

10 minutes ago, John B said:

I would've given up a minor leaguer for Pu in a heartbeat.  Was really hoping the Habs were going to get him in the 2016 draft before Buffalo grabbed him one pick ahead of us.

He's really not doing well this year and was recently demoted to the ECHL.  The Habs have a few of those fringe guys already (and dealt a somewhat-comparable one in Bitten at the beginning of the season).

15 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

He's really not doing well this year and was recently demoted to the ECHL.  The Habs have a few of those fringe guys already (and dealt a somewhat-comparable one in Bitten at the beginning of the season).

That's too bad.  I didn't realize that he was doing so poorly.  He looked really good in junior (I suppose everybody looks like a potential gem playing for the London Knights).  It's funny you mention Bitten, he was the guy drafted after Pu.

Mikael Granlund to Nashville for Kevin Fiala.  I like Fiala but that's another underwhelming return for Minnesota.

Sounds like Stone to Vegas for Erik Brannstrom, Oscar Lindberg, and a 2nd rounder.  Brannstrom's a top-notch prospect - Ottawa actually goes for quality over quantity this time.

1 hour ago, Habopotamus said:

Columbus is not good enough to be making all these moves.

Just threw a 4th rounder away  

I wonder if their GM (Kookoo or whatever his name is) has been told "make the playoffs or you're fired." That's what all this futile scrambling looks like to me.

Simmonds to Nashville for Ryan Hartman (who NSH traded a 1st for last year) and a conditional 4th rounder that could become a 3rd if Nashville wins a playoff round.

Michael Del Zotto to St. Louis.

Marcus Johansson to Boston which means he won't play against the Habs tonight.

54 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Sounds like Stone to Vegas for Erik Brannstrom, Oscar Lindberg, and a 2nd rounder.  Brannstrom's a top-notch prospect - Ottawa actually goes for quality over quantity this time.

On paper, it looks like Ottawa did well here. I thought Brannstrom was great in WJC. Brannstrom Chabot should make a great 1 and 2 for them.

23 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

On paper, it looks like Ottawa did well here. I thought Brannstrom was great in WJC. Brannstrom Chabot should make a great 1 and 2 for them.

Brannstrom and Suzuki are about the same level of prospect. 

2nd rounders are about the same. 

Tatar >>>>>>>>>>>> Lindberg

Bergevin got more for Pacioretty than Dorion did for Stone and I think Stone is the better player. 

• Upvote 1