Habs vs Wings 730pm

Habopotamus

I propose a change in gameplan from here on out:  Move Mete to the wing on lines 1 and 2, play him every other shift from now until the end of the game...and the only objective out there is to set him up for a goal. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

He has had a really rough go as of late and tonight is no exception.  I'm sure Bernier will be in the rest of the way.  (I'd love to see Niemi get the third period as well since it's likely he'll get Friday's game - give him a chance to work off some rust and give Price a mini-break.  It won't happen but it'd be nice...)

I like the idea with Neimi. 

Weber is a fkin savage. Just sits on the bench, leaking blood. Stone faced 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sbhatt said:

Pacioretty: 18G, 14A,  -14

Tatar:  22G, 25A, +14

To say it's working out well is an understatement :D

Galchenyuk: 14G, 21A, -16

Domi: 20G, 34A, +10 (22G, 36A, +14 as we're in the 3rd tonight ...)

This one isn't so bad, either! ;)

I like Brett Kulak. I'm just not sure I should have to know him.

It took me 59 minutes to realize Zadina was playing this game. 

Lehkonen, Thompson and Weise - managing to be -1 on a night of +’s and only forwards without a point. 

(Figured someone needed to be negative here and it’s likely my turn!)

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, revvvrob said:

Lehkonen, Thompson and Weise - managing to be -1 on a night of +’s and only forwards without a point. 

Thompson and Weise are still new to the team (at least this edition). I haven't given up on them yet. And Lehkonen had a lovely play in the third that could have easily broken his drought.

11 hours ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

It took me 59 minutes to realize Zadina was playing this game. 

I thought he played okay, he found some open ice a few times but the puck didn't find him. My favorite part was when he took a wrister from the top of the circle and Price's glove was already there waiting for it, and then the look on Zadina's face. 

On another note, Weber looks bad out there, he has to be playing through an injury. As we've seen before, this is what he does

11 hours ago, revvvrob said:

Sorry to say, #22 should be playing out year in Laval.

But other than Weise, the rest of team surprised the heck out of me.

5 hours ago, DON said:

Sorry to say, #22 should be playing out year in Laval.

But other than Weise, the rest of team surprised the heck out of me.

Weise set up Lekhonen with a nice pass.

Then again, yesterday's performance should probably be thrown out, the Wings are atrocious.

2 hours ago, Neech said:

Weise set up Lekhonen with a nice pass.

Then again, yesterday's performance should probably be thrown out, the Wings are atrocious.

One play doesnt change the fact that Weise is not an NHL player right now.  He was bad in Philly and hes bad in Montreal.  

At least we gave up nothing to get him... as Schlemko and Froese also arent nhl players and Folin is better than Alzner (and with Juulsen's injury the extra RHD is nice to have). 

That said... it might be a feel.good story but id much rather see Weal or Peca than Weise.

Heck Id rather see Deslauriers than Weise and im not a big fan of Deslauriers either.

Give Weise some time. He was great last time. Maybe he thrives when under the pressure of playing in front of the most dedicated fans in sports.

... and if that’s true, this is a steal.

1 hour ago, ch_nl said:

Give Weise some time. He was great last time. Maybe he thrives when under the pressure of playing in front of the most dedicated fans in sports.

Not a great start so far, but I would agree to wait a bit longer to assess.

You think Philly didn't give him enough time?

To me he looks lost out there most of time, but I thought he would only be a Rocket to begin with, so obviously bit biased to be proven right.

1 hour ago, tomh009 said:

Not a great start so far, but I would agree to wait a bit longer to assess.

Has he played at the Bell Centre yet? Pretty sure he's only done road games since the trade.

If he scores tomorrow then hockey magic is real.

4 hours ago, ch_nl said:

He's looked awful in his time in Montreal. 

He's also looked awful in Philly. 

last time was 3 years ago now....  He was never the best player.  If he's lost even half a step, or is just half a second slower on moving the puck quickly, he wouldn't be an NHL player. 

I have serious doubts that he can reach the level he was at between the ages of 25-27 now that he's 30.  He's no longer in his prime, and even in his prime he wasn't a star player.  Any drop off makes him an AHLer, not an NHLer.  He was absolute prime age last time he was here, now he's past that prime... and even a small drop off is huge when the player was a 3rd/4th liner in his prime.