4 Teams - 1 Playoff Race

xXx..CK..xXx

3 hours ago, illWill said:

Depends on your definition of optimistic I guess. But I don't think a 1 in 2.5 chance of making the playoffs makes someone a fool for thinking it can happen. Imagine me saying Mr. Cucumber, you have a 40% chance of winning the lotto 6/49 jackpot for 50 million, would you be a fool if you got excited? 

Excited, sure...but the odds are still that you’ll lose. Guys like me tend to keep this in mind, for better or worse; that’s why I never gamble more than I can afford to lose.

If we make it to 98 points, how likely is it that ALL THREE of PIT, CAR and CBJ surpass that?

Basically what we at least need to get in if we go 2-0-0:

PIT: 0-1-1, 98 pts (we win tiebreak)

CAR: 1-0-1, 98 pts (we win tiebreak, assuming we win both our games not in the shootout)

CBJ: 1-1-0, 97 pts (they with tiebreak if they get to 98)

We just need 1 of those scenarios, I mean are they really ALL going to win out?

Edited by jub4tu

16 minutes ago, jub4tu said:

If we make it to 98 points, how likely is it that ALL THREE of PIT, CAR and CBJ surpass that?

Basically what we at least need to get in if we go 2-0-0:

PIT: 0-1-1, 98 pts (we win tiebreak)

CAR: 1-0-1, 98 pts (we win tiebreak, assuming we win both our games not in the shootout)

CBJ: 1-1-0, 97 pts (they with tiebreak if they get to 98)

We just need 1 of those scenarios, I mean are they really ALL going to win out?

Look at their opponents, then look at our opponents, then cry a bit, then put on your optimist pants and hope for the best.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Look at their opponents, then look at our opponents, then cry a bit, then put on your optimist pants and hope for the best.

I am looking and Columbus has a back to back on the road which is never easy, Ottawa will be well rested and will probably want to win their last game, also NYR lost tonight so Lundqvist is still gonna want to win #450 or whatever it is. Also I still don't think Columbus has totally gelled, and we'll see if Bobrovsky cracks or not (he looked not good vs Boston, and has cracked in the past). I think they're more likely to lose to Ottawa than NYR.

Pittsburgh lost to Detroit already this week, Detroit is on a 6 game win streak. Their game vs NYR will be heavily in their favour though, NYR will be on a 2nd of back to back, but if the Rangers can squeak out the OT win, there's your 0-1-1.

Carolina will probably beat New Jersey (hoping they don't but we'll see, also Carolina is only 1-2-0 or something against them this year), but the Flyers are good enough to beat the Canes, plus the game is in Philadelphia (I also think Carolina is fragile and playing well above their heads)

I don't care who Montreal is playing, they have so much confidence coming out of beating Winnipeg and Tampa that I think no matter who their last 2 games are against, it'll be 2-0-0 (also Toronto is gonna rest players and not care on Saturday, definitely the Washington game is much harder) - honestly I think Lehkonen's comments about winning the next 2 games and making the playoffs are as sure as anyone can get.

I am crying a little and I'm nervous as hell don't worry. But I think it's more than possible :)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Excited, sure...but the odds are still that you’ll lose. Guys like me tend to keep this in mind, for better or worse; that’s why I never gamble more than I can afford to lose.

Yes. The odds are against us.

Let's not forget: "to you from failing hands we throw the torch be yours to hold it high"

Even with the odds, we can, and should, believe in the possibility that we will be playing in Tampa Bay next week.

Habs playoff hopes can be completely dashed by Columbus tomorrow night. If they win, Habs are out. If they lose in regulation, overtime, or shootout... Saturday gets interesting. 

0-0 after 1 between the Rags and the Jackets. 

We arent dead yet!