Game #68: Habs vs Sharks 10:30 March 7 2019

DON

Habs 35-24-7

SJ     39-19-8

I think will need Habs best player to be just that if they intend on getting any points in San Jose.

He has played in all of last 15 games (1 in relief).

Karlsson & Kane are questionable, other than that...not too encouraging match up:

-Nov 23 1999 last Hab win in SJ.

-SJ is 21-5-5 at home

-Habs are 4-14-2 in last 20 vs SJ

-SJ have a top ten PP & PK...Habs dont.

- Underrated Pavelski with a quiet 36g

Will Kotkaniemi draw back in, unlikely is my guess.

Price has played 15 straight - and presumably will play all their remaining games, given how tight the wild-card race is, and how little faith they have in Niemi.

Is this really the best strategy if we want Peak Price for the playoffs? The guy's human (and oft-injured). Riding him into the ground hardly seems a wise post-season strategy. Just a thought. (Of course, it would matter more if the Habs had realistic hopes of a deep run).

20 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Niemi starts, Kotkaniemi sits again.

I hate it.

I am ok with Kotkaniemi sitting again  and although I see the need for it— and agree with the reasoning, see CC’s post above— Niemi makes me nervous. 

Are we going to see good Niemi or are the Habs going to have to score 7 goals to win this game? 

Stayed tuned. It’s either going to be “the miracle in San Jose” starring St. Anti OR “San Jose horror show continues for Habs: why didn’t Bergevin get a better backup?”

I am hoping, but not terribly optimistic, for the first one.

1 hour ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

Habs win 3-1.. Niemi is solid 

Habs outshoot the Sharks 37-6. Niemi falls down to make 2 saves and 3 just happen to hit him as he wobbles around the crease. A solid Niemi game

Haaaaabs beat Sharks do do do do do do do do

Habs beat Sharks do do do do do do do do

Habs beat Sharks..

(that’s for all the fathers of young children out there)

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Price has played 15 straight - and presumably will play all their remaining games, given how tight the wild-card race is, and how little faith they have in Niemi.

Is this really the best strategy if we want Peak Price for the playoffs? The guy's human (and oft-injured). Riding him into the ground hardly seems a wise post-season strategy. Just a thought. (Of course, it would matter more if the Habs had realistic hopes of a deep 

I would think with the race as tight as it is, the playoffs have already started for us! Each win or loss at this point puts us in or out of the playoffs. No need at this point to save Price for the playoffs if you don't end up in it. 

Its time to "ride or die"

41 minutes ago, Helmethead said:

Haaaaabs beat Sharks do do do do do do do do

Habs beat Sharks..

(that’s for all the fathers of young children out there)

Lets go hunt do do do do do do

56 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

I would think with the race as tight as it is, the playoffs have already started for us! Each win or loss at this point puts us in or out of the playoffs. No need at this point to save Price for the playoffs if you don't end up in it. 

Its time to "ride or die"

https://www.nhl.com/canadiens/news/pregame-canadiens---sharks---march-7/c-305558572

Meat thinks Niemi will be comfortable in net...i think he will be peppered by SJ, how he does i dont have a clue?

10 minutes ago, Chris said:

How about the team actually shows up and scores some goals and help the goalie. 

They are outmatched everywhere but in net and havent won this century in this rink.

Need some good bounces, big save or two and them to show up to win this one.

:gohabsgo:

42 minutes ago, DON said:

They are outmatched everywhere but in net and havent won this century in this rink.

Need some good bounces, big save or two and them to show up to win this one.

:gohabsgo:

They are outmatched everywhere but in net and haven't won this century millennium in this rink.

Fixed that for you!

Nevertheless ... :1gohabs:  :1gohabs:  :1gohabs:

20th anniversary victory sounds good to me