Game #68: Habs vs Sharks 10:30 March 7 2019

DON

Niemi sunk us in the first, but otherwise that was another strong effort against a top team.  If we take care of business tomorrow then it will be what we expected from this California trip.  

We must have planned to lose. Otherwise Price plays Sharks. Neimi is done. I figure the thought was win 2 of the 3 out west so lose the hard one. Are we sure we don't stand a better chance with either AHL goalie? 

Just watched the condensed game on YouTube. 

Lindgren better be Price's backup by Tuesday. He can't be any worse than Niemi, and at least the team might be able to play with some confidence in front of him.

• Upvote 1

Team played well, just outgunned, but the two softies in the 1st didnt cause team to fold which was great to see.

If can somehow win vs Ducks would still be a solid trip, but dont win often there neither.

Poor Niemi.

Mete and Byron must be almost equal foot speed. nice to see the kid go end to end very quickly.

At least Lehkonen must feel bit better after scoring, hopefully he heats up and finishes year strong.

I miss that tall skinny #15...:(

-Mete looked amazing last night... he is really rounding into form. If he continues to skate so effortless he'll be a mainstay in the top 4 for years.

-cant see a reason to scratch anyone on the 4th for KK as that line played well.

-SJ was there to be had regardless of Niemi. We outplayed them in every facet of the game but scoresheet. Why do we always make goalies look like World beaters pretty much every damn game? And I get Jones is a helluva player. But he is sticking it up this season.

Not enough offensive talent. 

You can't win against top teams scoring twice a night. 

No reason why an offensively starved team should have Weise in the lineup and KK not in the line up. But that's just me, 

10 hours ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

Wouldn’t have guessed it at the start of the year, but Bergevin’s biggest mistake this season might be not improving the man behind CP31..

That. And once Bergevin decided to stick with Niemi, Julien has played Niemi so infrequently that when we do need him, he is very rusty.

The goalie problems are typically mental. And some goalies just don't adjust well to playing only one or two games a month.

56 minutes ago, Chris said:

Not enough offensive talent. 

You can't win against top teams scoring twice a night. 

No reason why an offensively starved team should have Weise in the lineup and KK not in the line up. But that's just me, 

They are 5th in the league at 5 on 5. They have very balanced scoring across the lines. An elite forwards would be great but scoring overall hasn't been a huge issue.  Power play and defense and back up goalie are probably the biggest issues this year. 

But yeah.  Not a fan of kk getting too many games off.

• Upvote 1

Hopefully kk's "forced" vacation is over. As much as I understand the reasoning for letting him rest these past few games, our season is on the line, and we need him!  Weise can sit the next game and get KK back on teh 3rd line!

I do remember Kotkaniemi having zero impact in the first LA game as well as vs SJ. They are heavy teams. I can't see him being out of the line up more then this west coast trip. 

Maybe this rest and chance to watch games from the rafters will not only shield him from having his confidence beaten on by these heavy Western teams but also light a fire under his A$$ to NOT take his position in the line up for granted and get that motor going for the final stretch run. 

1 hour ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

light a fire under his A$$ to NOT take his position in the line up for granted and get that motor going for the final stretch run. 

He has 5pts +5 in last 7gms, so not sure what you are talking about?

If Suzuki can match next year, i think most would be pretty pleased.

(But, saying the same complaint about Drouin, i would agree with.)

22 hours ago, illWill said:

Habs outshoot the Sharks 37-6. Niemi falls down to make 2 saves and 3 just happen to hit him as he wobbles around the crease. A solid Niemi game

Well I wasn't too far off. Habs outshot the Sharks by a good margin and Niemi flopped around. 

Call up anybody for backup please

2 hours ago, DON said:

Andre Racicot is likely an upgrade (even at 49) and available; but, will Armia give up the #40  jersey for him?:spamafote:

Image result for andre racicot hockey

Mon dieu! C'est encore Red Light Racicot!