Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
DON

Game #68: Habs vs Sharks 10:30 March 7 2019

Recommended Posts

Habs 35-24-7

SJ     39-19-8

I think will need Habs best player to be just that if they intend on getting any points in San Jose.

He has played in all of last 15 games (1 in relief).

Karlsson & Kane are questionable, other than that...not too encouraging match up:

 

-Nov 23 1999 last Hab win in SJ.

-SJ is 21-5-5 at home

-Habs are 4-14-2 in last 20 vs SJ

-SJ have a top ten PP & PK...Habs dont.

- Underrated Pavelski with a quiet 36g

 

Will Kotkaniemi draw back in, unlikely is my guess.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Price has played 15 straight - and presumably will play all their remaining games, given how tight the wild-card race is, and how little faith they have in Niemi.

 

Is this really the best strategy if we want Peak Price for the playoffs? The guy's human (and oft-injured). Riding him into the ground hardly seems a wise post-season strategy. Just a thought. (Of course, it would matter more if the Habs had realistic hopes of a deep run).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Niemi starts, Kotkaniemi sits again.

 

I hate it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Niemi starts, Kotkaniemi sits again.

 

I hate it.

I am ok with Kotkaniemi sitting again  and although I see the need for it— and agree with the reasoning, see CC’s post above— Niemi makes me nervous. 

Are we going to see good Niemi or are the Habs going to have to score 7 goals to win this game? 

 

Stayed tuned. It’s either going to be “the miracle in San Jose” starring St. Anti OR “San Jose horror show continues for Habs: why didn’t Bergevin get a better backup?”

I am hoping, but not terribly optimistic, for the first one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Habs win 3-1.. Niemi is solid 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

Habs win 3-1.. Niemi is solid 

 

Habs outshoot the Sharks 37-6. Niemi falls down to make 2 saves and 3 just happen to hit him as he wobbles around the crease. A solid Niemi game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First goal by Mete lifts the team to another gear and they shut out the sharks 2-0 with an empty net goal by Niemi 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haaaaabs beat Sharks do do do do do do do do

 

Habs beat Sharks do do do do do do do do

 

Habs beat Sharks do do do do do do do do

 

Habs beat Sharks..

 

(that’s for all the fathers of young children out there)

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Price has played 15 straight - and presumably will play all their remaining games, given how tight the wild-card race is, and how little faith they have in Niemi.

 

Is this really the best strategy if we want Peak Price for the playoffs? The guy's human (and oft-injured). Riding him into the ground hardly seems a wise post-season strategy. Just a thought. (Of course, it would matter more if the Habs had realistic hopes of a deep 

I would think with the race as tight as it is, the playoffs have already started for us! Each win or loss at this point puts us in or out of the playoffs. No need at this point to save Price for the playoffs if you don't end up in it. 

 

Its time to "ride or die"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Helmethead said:

Haaaaabs beat Sharks do do do do do do do do

 

Habs beat Sharks do do do do do do do do

 

Habs beat Sharks do do do do do do do do

 

Habs beat Sharks..

 

(that’s for all the fathers of young children out there)

 

 

Lets go hunt do do do do do do

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

I would think with the race as tight as it is, the playoffs have already started for us! Each win or loss at this point puts us in or out of the playoffs. No need at this point to save Price for the playoffs if you don't end up in it. 

 

Its time to "ride or die"

https://www.nhl.com/canadiens/news/pregame-canadiens---sharks---march-7/c-305558572

 

Meat thinks Niemi will be comfortable in net...i think he will be peppered by SJ, how he does i dont have a clue?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about the team actually shows up and scores some goals and help the goalie. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Chris said:

How about the team actually shows up and scores some goals and help the goalie. 

 

 

They are outmatched everywhere but in net and havent won this century in this rink.

Need some good bounces, big save or two and them to show up to win this one.

:gohabsgo:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, DON said:

They are outmatched everywhere but in net and havent won this century in this rink.

Need some good bounces, big save or two and them to show up to win this one.

:gohabsgo:

 

 

They are outmatched everywhere but in net and haven't won this century millennium in this rink.

 

Fixed that for you!

 

Nevertheless ... :1gohabs:  :1gohabs:  :1gohabs:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20th anniversary victory sounds good to me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Karlsson and Kane not playing, Burns and Pavelski with flu but playing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not too familiar....but the Sharks lineup looks a little soft without Kane.

 

Might be a good game for Shaw and Domi to agitate if we can get a lead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

and Niemi knocks one into his own net on a wraparound

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sigh... Niemi sucks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Time fir the fin to call it quits. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He sucks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OMG the puck is just literally going through him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Done with niemi.  Every mediocre chance is in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So we basically have to ride price for every game.  If he wanted to add some depth he should have looked for a backup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Niemi is garbage...he has no business playing at the NHL level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×