Mar. 19, Habs vs Flyers, 7 PM

dlbalr

The Habs haven't won many games where I've done a GDT lately so it's time to get back to basics.   No HTML code, just a (spinning) logo and lines...

canadiens.gif

Tatar – Danault – Gallagher
Lehkonen – Domi – Shaw
Drouin – Kotkaniemi – Armia
Byron – Thompson – Weal

Mete – Weber
Kulak – Petry
Benn – Folin

Price

flyers.gif

Lindblom - Couturier - Voracek

van Riemsdyk - Patrick - Giroux

Raffl - Laughton - Konecny

Varone - Knight - Hartman

Provorov - Sanheim

Gostisbehere - Myers

Hagg - Gudas

Hart

Id like to see the following

Reilly in for Benn - he's not as good on the Left a sthe right which is weird considering he's a lefty. Reilly brings more speed and puck moving ability. WE NEED GOALS

Peca for Thompson -  Bring the constant speed and forecheck on that line... they don't need to be heavy, just relentless 

We seem to have gotten away from our identity early in the season... young, fast, relentless, hard working character.

I've been worried that we haven't seen a full blast shot from Weber for awhile. And I'm still worried. Because that shot was nowhere near the speed it could have been.

But it went in, so that's good. 

Not a great second period, especially in the second half where the Habs started to run around in their own end.  They're fortunate it didn't cost them.  That said, I'll take a 2-0 lead after 40 minutes...

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

So much for Pittsburgh holding on - tie game.

That's the tough part about trying to gain ground: its not enough to just win your games, you need the teams you are chasing to lose too. 

Do the Habs win every game when they have zero PPs?

I just didnt think Gallagher would score 31 again and Domi may get close to 30, which must be a huge surprise to all for the empty net king!

At least Drouin showed some signs of life.

Shaw on a 57.7pt pace, another unexpected season.

Really would love to see them squeek into playoffs, basically need just 2 pts to leap CBJ. Next thurs match-up vs them looking big, but Habs have 4 games between now an then.

No back to back games anymore, assume Carey will play em all?

20 minutes ago, DON said:

Do the Habs win every game when they have zero PPs?

I just didnt think Gallagher would score 31 again and Domi may get close to 30, which must be a huge surprise to all for the empty net king!

At least Drouin showed some signs of life.

Shaw on a 57.7pt pace, another unexpected season.

Really would love to see them squeek into playoffs, basically need just 2 pts to leap CBJ. Next thurs match-up vs them looking big, but Habs have 4 games between now an then.

No back to back games anymore, assume Carey will play em all?

They play back to back saturday/sunday this weekend