Mar. 21, Islanders vs Habs, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

After a big win against the Flyers, the Habs return home looking to get some revenge on the Islanders who outplayed them a week ago.

islanders.gif

Lee - Barzal - Ladd

Bailey - Nelson - Dal Colle

Beauvillier - Kuhnhackl - Komarov

Martin - Cizikas - Clutterbuck

Pelech - Pulock

Leddy - Mayfield

Hickey - Toews

Greiss

canadiens.gif

Tatar – Danault – Gallagher
Lehkonen – Domi – Shaw
Drouin – Kotkaniemi – Armia
Byron – Thompson – Weal

Mete – Weber
Kulak – Petry
Benn – Folin

Price

I'm really starting to hate these lines. Julien has his favourites, and playing his favourites hasn't been generating a ton of goals lately.

Folin shouldn't be an everyday player, and Reilly should be getting more games than he has been.

Byron deserves better than Thompson and Weal. 

And "doing the little things right" shouldn't make Lehkonen a 2nd liner. Doing the big things right should make you a 2nd liner. 

1 hour ago, Trizzak said:

Folin shouldn't be an everyday player, and Reilly should be getting more games than he has been.

Not a fan of Reilly's play at all and cant see why you dislike the Swede? Has he even had any big gaffs?

1 hour ago, Chris said:

2 goals or less (minus empty netters) in a i believe 8 out of the last 9 games. 

2.92 g/gm in last 73games. 15th place team 18th in goals for, seems about right.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, DON said:

Not a fan of Reilly's play at all and cant see why you dislike the Swede? Has he even had any big gaffs?

I find Folin's zone exits to be underwhelming, as he's more the bang it off the glass kind of guy. I do like his physicality, but he's a #7 guy and should be treated as such.

1 hour ago, Trizzak said:

I find Folin's zone exits to be underwhelming, as he's more the bang it off the glass kind of guy. I do like his physicality, but he's a #7 guy and should be treated as such.

I agree with this

Also Folin in the lineup and Reilly out means Benn plays LD

I find Benn highly ineffective at LD but pretty good at RD.  So I'd much rather see him on the Right and Reilly in the lineup

The Habs scored on the power play.  Do not adjust your screen...

Nice to see Armia finally get one.  Weal up at the point looked pretty good too and he made the nice play to set Armia up on the goal.  A solid first period from the Habs.

3 hours ago, Trizzak said:

I'm really starting to hate these lines. Julien has his favourites, and playing his favourites hasn't been generating a ton of goals lately.

Byron deserves better than Thompson and Weal. 

And "doing the little things right" shouldn't make Lehkonen a 2nd liner. Doing the big things right should make you a 2nd liner. 

Just got in, so it's time to turn on the game and see how much I absolutely nailed this analysis. Let me just take a big sip of water first...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1