March 24, Habs vs Hurricanes, 7 PM

dlbalr

The Habs are playing on Sunday night which can only mean one thing - it's time for another cringeworthy edition of Rogers Hometown Hockey.  Tune into the pregame show for no pregame analysis, the intermissions for discussions that have nothing to do with the game, and the postgame where two kids will pick their favourite players for the three stars regardless of what they actually did in the game.

canadiens.gif

Tatar – Danault – Gallagher
Lehkonen – Domi – Shaw
Drouin – Kotkaniemi – Armia
Byron – Thompson – Weal

Mete – Weber
Kulak – Petry
Benn – Folin

Price

hurricanes.gif

Niederreiter - Aho - Williams

Svechnikov - Staal - Teravainen

Ferland - Wallmark - Martinook

Foegele - McKegg - McGinn

Slavin - Hamilton

Pesce - Faulk

de Haan - van Riemsdyk

McElhinney

3 hours ago, Chris said:

Would be great to steal a point in this one, tough travel for back to back games 

A regulation win in this game would be super valuable. It's definitely possible -- if everyone plays as well as they are capable of (I'm looking at you, M. Drouin!).

4 hours ago, dlbalr said:

The Habs are playing on Sunday night which can only mean one thing - it's time for another cringeworthy edition of Rogers Hometown Hockey.  Tune into the pregame show for no pregame analysis, the intermissions for discussions that have nothing to do with the game, and the postgame where two kids will pick their favourite players for the three stars regardless of what they actually did in the game.

canadiens.gif

Tatar – Danault – Gallagher
Lehkonen – Domi – Shaw
Drouin – Kotkaniemi – Armia
Byron – Thompson – Weal

Mete – Weber
Kulak – Petry
Benn – Folin

Price

hurricanes.gif

Niederreiter - Aho - Williams

Svechnikov - Staal - Teravainen

Ferland - Wallmark - Martinook

Foegele - McKegg - McGinn

Slavin - Hamilton

Pesce - Faulk

de Haan - van Riemsdyk

McElhinney

Great job! I completely share your disgust with HNIC's 'Tim Hortons' sentimentalism. It amazes me that such mediocre pap is considered acceptable from the flagship program in the sport. 

This is almost a throwback game.

It’s been well over 10 years since the Habs and hurricanes played a game with playoff implications for both sides. Can’t say it was ever a rivalry that I enjoyed.

I've had a bad feeling about this game but am hoping for something like a hard-fought 3-2 win. 

GHG

I'm impressed with what I've seen from Carolina.  They're extremely aggressive and have had the Habs flummoxed a few times already.  Fortunately, Price has been sharp and the Habs got the big early bounce on Byron's goal.

....to post what everyone was focusing on during this period,  Carolina got their first shot with only 5:26 remaining in the frame.  

17 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

....to post what everyone was focusing on during this period,  Carolina got their first shot with only 5:26 remaining in the frame.  

34 shots total in the first, 13 in the second. Did the character of the game change completely?  (No way for me to watch today's game, am stuck with checking the plays on nhl.com)

37 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Not sure Kotkaniemi is going to get more time and space to score the rest of this season. 

Think his lack of goals on the road is in his head a bit?

More than a bit.  He looks like a different player on the road than he does at home - he's way more conservative.

47 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

34 shots total in the first, 13 in the second. Did the character of the game change completely?  (No way for me to watch today's game, am stuck with checking the plays on nhl.com)

Three completely different periods. 

I hope the next puck Benn deflects hits him in the teeth...sickening.  Instead of gaining 2 points on Carolina we lose one.  All because one low-talent idiot decided to do something beyond stupid late in the game.