March 24, Habs vs Hurricanes, 7 PM

dlbalr

10 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

What happened in the third?  I was watching habs domination in the 2nd. Drive home from work and canes took over play.

Habs stopped playing at the Canes blue line. Content to just dump it in, and eventually a bad bounce cost them in their own end. 

51 minutes ago, habs#4,9,10,33 said:

Who are these two morons broadcasting the game on SN. It’s all about Caroline doing what’s wrong, right and getting back in this game!! What a joke of a Canadian brand sports channel! 

RJ Broadhead (Sportsnet's junior broadcaster - you may have heard him utter the phrase 'CHL Saturday Showcase' 6474 times this season) and Jason York, the former Habs colour guy when Sportsnet had the regional rights.

Price was amazing and deserved a better fate.

Interesting that Drouin and Kotkaniemi were benched during OT and most of the end of the third. 

Drouin had another really bad turnover that resulted in the Canes best scoring chance but other then that I though he was actively trying out there. It seems like he really is in his head and needs to start going off instinct. The thing is though his rope is pretty much spent and one has to wonder what his future will look like if this continues.

Good to at least get out of there with a point, although that first wildcard spot is looking less and less possible.  We couldn't bury our chances to get that insurance goal.  

I hate 3-on-3 with this roster, we are always at the disadvantage skillwise.  We should just play keepaway for 5 minutes and hope for the best in the shootout.   

Holy God, was Price amazing. Vintage CP of a kind seldom seen since 2015. Since then, he has mostly been Henrik Lundqvist. But Price at his peak is the most in-control goalie I've ever seen, and that guy was on full display tonight. I'm quite disappointed the team couldn't give him stronger support in the third and OT. Carolina is a really fine team, but come on.

Agree with Scott462 on Drouin. The guy is a turd. He will, I suspect, get one more chance next season, but if he hits the skids again, he'll likely be gone, assuming Julien is here for a while. In fact if Drouin had come up through the system rather than been acquired in a costly, high profile trade, he probably would have been shipped out already.

I was wrong to slag the "Hometown Hockey" motif for once; the indigenous angle was admirable and solidly done. And I actually didn't mind the commentators at all. They were reasonably attentive and professional, and seemed to enjoy what they were doing and to have a lot of positive things to say about both teams. It's always a shock to me to hear professional-quality broadcasting after heavy doses of Bob Cole and Don Cherry; I appreciate not having my intelligence insulted every two seconds.

Bob cole has the greatest voice to ever broadcast hockey. Plus it's entertaining to hear all of his mistakes. I often think cbc made a mistake and voiced over the wrong game. It is time for him to quit though.  Probably was 10 years ago.  I also find don cherry entertaining . I'm a fan.  He's a complete idiot but he entertains me.

25 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

Bob cole has the greatest voice to ever broadcast hockey. Plus it's entertaining to hear all of his mistakes. I often think cbc made a mistake and voiced over the wrong game. It is time for him to quit though.  Probably was 10 years ago.  I also find don cherry entertaining . I'm a fan.  He's a complete idiot but he entertains me.

I'm just tired of HNIC giving us clowns instead of serious professional analysts. Ron McLean is a sentimentality-peddling hack whose gee-whiz style got tired years ago. Don Cherry is an elderly windbag who wallows in still more mindless sentimentalism and can't complete a sentence or finish a thought (if he has any, which he seldom does). Bob Cole? Yes, he is a legend who, in his prime, had an unparalleled sense of anticipation and excitement which used to make up for his technical failings; but at this stage he is a doddering geriatric who is so far behind the play he might as well be calling the game from the original Montreal Forum, and whose calls are so non-informative that they actually detract from our understanding of what's going on. Gary Galley has little to offer that warrants him holding such a plum seat; he's banality incarnate. Only in the second intermission, when the admirable Elliotte Friedman and the servicably capable Kelly Hrudey show up, do we get anything resembling insight; and even then the odious Kypreos has to be added to the mix just to make sure we all remember we are watching a program devoted to idiots. I simply do not understand how this FLAGSHIP  program for the entire sport can be so riddled with mediocrity. It makes no sense at all.

• Upvote 2

I definitively agree on Ron McLean. I can't stand that guy.  Kypreos is horrible too. I can't figure out why he is there.  I  agree with everything you said in fact. To the letter. Cherry still entertains me though.  His nonsense tends to make me laugh.

A further thought: I was very impressed with the 'push' Carolina got from their D (Hamilton and Falk in particular). It made a big difference. Unfortunately the Habs seem to be some distance from having a blueline that can add that kind of dynamism to the attack. But that's where the league is definitely headed.