Who do the Habs take in the 2019 draft?

Meller93

Thanks for the report Commandant, always enjoy your posts.  It really suprised me that the Leafs had to give up a 1st round pick to get out of just 1 year of a contract. Seems like a steep price for just 1 year. Shows how important managing the cap is.  What would the Habs have to give up to get rid of Alzner? 

Just listened to the Trevor Timmins media scrum from last night. He expects Khisamutdinov to play another year in Russia and he likely won't be at development camp. The expectation is for Pinard to play as an overager in junior (but if he impresses at development camp that could change.)

And Norlinder has a hand injury from training last week and he probably won't be at development camp.

Oh, and he gave confirmation that Ruscheinski is 6'6", not 5'11" :)

27 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Where are the timmins interviews?

Was in the tweets on main webpage i think or maybe was on TV?

GOHABSGO, montrealcanadiens, or HabsTV likely has the clip (cant even remember if was friday or sat)

On 6/23/2019 at 8:38 PM, dlbalr said:

LA's development camp.

Where can I find every team's development camp rosters?  All I can find are random tidbits and a few rosters when I google it.

46 minutes ago, John B said:

Where can I find every team's development camp rosters?  All I can find are random tidbits and a few rosters when I google it.

Teams will generally announce them on their websites.  Not everyone has held theirs yet - some will be holding them in the first week of July (I liked when the Habs were among those teams).

5 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Teams will generally announce them on their websites.  Not everyone has held theirs yet - some will be holding them in the first week of July (I liked when the Habs were among those teams).

Thanks for the info.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, DON said:

Too bad it's almost entirely about Cole Caufield and doesn't give is anything from the 2nd day of the draft, but I guess last year's vid gave up too much info for their liking.

Edit: Apparently some people are trying to piece together the Habs draft list from the footage of Bergevin. Habs had Caufield 10th, Sieder 11th.

Also Vegas tried to trade for 15th OA gor 17 and a 3rd round pick. Glad Timmins shut that down without hesitation. 

When Timmins said they had three guys left....  and needed Florida to take the goalie

I think their three guys were 

York
Caufield

and Newhook

They didn't want to move down two spots to Vegas' pick... so one of their three guys was gone (if they still had 3 they liked, they could have moved two spots), that means one of the three has to be York. 

When the pick is up... they are still choosing between two guys cause Timmins and Churla have a discussion and opt to go with Caufield. 

The third guy is either Newhook or Krebs IMO, but I think its Newhook due to Krebs injury.

Boldy also could have been one of the three guys, as we don't know when in the draft it was said "we have three guys left and need florida to take the goalie" but considering the math.... 

It would have had to have been said before the Minnesota pick, as Minnesota, Florida and Philly taking 1 each of their 3 guys would have left them with none. 

12 hours ago, DON said:

Didnt seem much hesitation by Churla-Timmins etc on taking Caufield over the 2 centres Krebs-Newhook.

No hesitation at all and no hesitation turning down the trade to move 2 spots.  Obviously they really wanted Caulfield with that pick.  Really enjoyed the behind the scenes video, thanks for sharing.