Apr. 2, Lightning vs Habs, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

12 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Even with the same personnel, getting the PP working would easily have us in third place in our division.

Law of averages tells me every player will not have a career year again. 

16 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

Law of averages tells me every player will not have a career year again. 

What does the law of averages say about Price's and Weber's performance in 2019-2020? They (and Niemi) certainly did not have career years, and they are two highly critical pieces of this team.

16 minutes ago, Chris said:

who is having a career year? 

Domi and Kulak? 

Gallagher goals tatar domi drouin shaw Petry benn kulak Danault .

Edit byron and armia injuries hurt them.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

What does the law of averages say about Price's and Weber's performance in 2019-2020? They (and Niemi) certainly did not have career years, and they are two highly critical pieces of this team.

Aging defenseman probably will decline.  Price is a potential game changer fir sure. I would love to see it. Just as a rule good but not great players are inconsistent. I don't expect all of the top players to remain as healthy next year.  Barring breakout from kk or drouin, I am not expecting next year to be as good as next year.  Hope I'm wrong. 

11 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

Aging defenseman probably will decline.  Price is a potential game changer fir sure. I would love to see it. Just as a rule good but not great players are inconsistent. I don't expect all of the top players to remain as healthy next year.  Barring breakout from kk or drouin, I am not expecting next year to be as good as next year.  Hope I'm wrong. 

How about a new backup goalie? That, too, should win us some additional games. That, plus a mediocre (as opposed to atrocious) PP and some growth from Kotkaniemi, should have us ahead of where we are now, even without other roster moves.

57 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Even with the same personnel, getting the PP working would easily have us in third place in our division.

That's true. I assume the coaches have made sure that they know that a power play means they have a man advantage out there...:huh:

1 hour ago, BCHabnut said:

This is definitely ther same old story. Outplay em. Don't bury your chances.  Make opposing back up look like 93 Patrick Roy.  Maybe two mistakes. Get scored on  after both mistakes. Lose 2-1.

We have our big Finnish artillery out tonight so for the moment at least, things look better than this. The fat lady is not warming up quite yet, though.

15 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

We have our big Finnish artillery out tonight so for the moment at least, things look better than this. The fat lady is not warming up quite yet, though.

Aren't fat ladies always warm? 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

How about a new backup goalie? That, too, should win us some additional games. That, plus a mediocre (as opposed to atrocious) PP and some growth from Kotkaniemi, should have us ahead of where we are now, even without other roster moves.

That's a good point I hadn't considered.  K. Back on the bandwagon. 

• Like 2

No PP productivity tonight, but I do think that this game shows that at least on some nights, we can play against the best and still hold our own. Should we make it in as the last wildcard team, I don't think it would need to be a TB sweep in the first round, either.

That was stressful...glad they pulled it off.  Total dick move by TB at the end with the empty net in a meaningless game IMO...it's a shame we weren't in a position to take off Kucherov's or Stamkos' head to send a message about the attempted padding of stats.

Now have to match that effort (at least) vs. Caps and hope Columbus and/or Carolina lose their next game.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

That was stressful...glad they pulled it off.  Total dick move by TB at the end with the empty net in a meaningless game IMO...it's a shame we weren't in a position to take off Kucherov's or Stamkos' head to send a message about the attempted padding of stats.

They're allowed to play for the win even if the game doesn't effect the standings.  

11 minutes ago, Neech said:

They're allowed to play for the win even if the game doesn't effect the standings.  

Of course they are 'allowed'...but when you put your key guys on the ice when it's meanigless, you are tempting fate and probably deserve to have bad juju roar up to bite you in the ass.

• Upvote 1