April 6 GDT #82 - Golfers vs Probable First-Round Losers

Entertaining game, even despite it ending in a shootout. 

Poehling is going to make a push for a spot at training camp, but I wouldn't mind both him and Suzuki tearing up the AHL to start next season. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chris said:

Not going to happen 

We'll see. The NHL grind will be even tougher for Poehling than for Kotkaniemi: the former has played only 44 games this year, about half of what Kotkaniemi played last year.

10 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

We'll see. The NHL grind will be even tougher for Poehling than for Kotkaniemi: the former has played only 44 games this year, about half of what Kotkaniemi played last year.

Tkachuk did fine, Poehling is also older than KK. Every kid is different.

10 minutes ago, huzer said:

Tkachuk did fine, Poehling is also older than KK. Every kid is different.

Absolutely possible. And everybody is different. I'm just saying that it is a lot more games than he has played before -- and it is.

Just got home from the Bell Center. What a crazy game it was! Loved every minute of this meaningless game! Was nice to see all those leafy fans leaving the Bell center much quieter than they were at the beginning of the game!

I agree about Poehling. The kid is built like a man. You can tell he's heavier than KK. I did not expect him to have such good hands! Really looking forward to seeing where he will end up next season! 

Just another reason to look forward to 2019-2020!!!

• Upvote 1

4g on 4shots and in only 11:22 in icetime,  an OK debut for more a playmaking/checking centre.

Another fun game, just not sure how Lindgren liked the 49 shots to deal with.

Weber i assume must have some slight lower-body injury (or just hit a wall?) and defensive play in last 20 games not been the best, but still managed 8 shots in this game. Danault 11 for 16 on defensive face-offs, seems to be really rounding into valuable centre, but was a -3 in this one.

Well, is a 3.3% chance of winning a top three lottery pick on  tuesday...:pray: Small shifty lil American or another skilled big Finn might be nice to add.

21 minutes ago, DON said:

4g on 4shots and in only 11:22 in icetime,  an OK debut for more a playmaking/checking centre.

Another fun game, just not sure how Lindgren liked the 49 shots to deal with.

Weber i assume must have some slight lower-body injury (or just hit a wall?) and defensive play in last 20 games not been the best, but still managed 8 shots in this game. Danault 11 for 16 on defensive face-offs, seems to be really rounding into valuable centre, but was a -3 in this one.

Well, is a 3.3% chance of winning a top three lottery pick on  tuesday...:pray: Small shifty lil American or another skilled big Finn might be nice to add.

If you get 3rd, take Byram

10 hours ago, DON said:

(...)

We should get Poehling to hand in our draft lottery ticket!