2019 NHL Playoffs

DON

4-3 OT win for the Isles.

Columbus took the first game from Tampa, without any contribution from their big guns.

And Winnipeg lost 2-1 to the Blues ... the only goal from the recently-much-maligned Laine.

Dallas, Isles, and Columbus all score surprising victories. Curiouser and curiouser...

Nashville puzzles me. How a team with that blueline can struggle to score is beyond me. 

I agree that it'd be great to see the Isles advance (I'm sick of Pittsburgh). And if TO loses in Round One, that combination would be AWESOME. ?

And if Columbus does manage to upset TB, then they become instant Cup faves in my book, and KooKoo morphs into a genius GM who, far from wasting young assets on a desperate lunge for a futile playoff, made bold moves and got rewarded. It's a fascinating scenario.

(I wonder if all the expectations have resulted in TB being wound too tight?)

How much would you offer Marner on a offer sheet??? It would be 11+I would think,  i would do it just to get Toronto to match it and handcuff them. If they don't match it giving up the picks are ok with me. Seeing Domi/Marner on a line together would be so nice ?

6 hours ago, johnnyhasbeen said:

Tampa needs a playoff goalie. Time to make them an offer of one of our stockpile for some scoring? 

The goaltending has been sub-par, but it's not just the goaltending...that team is being outworked all over the ice.  They seem to be a mentally soft bunch, and I question Cooper's coaching as he has seemed either too stubborn to make strategic adjustments, or is downright incapable.  Epic choke job so far.

36 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Truly shocking in the case of TB.

Get the feeling Pens are toast but Tampa isnt.

1 hour ago, BCHabnut said:

Pasternak just hit muzzin with the identical hit byron did. Guess ge had to fight him now. 

There is a different 'code' in the playoffs.

4 hours ago, Commandant said:

Columbus was up 2-0 on Washington, winning both games in Washington 1 year ago.

After watching the past two Caps games, they still seem 'hungry ' to me...not always the case with defending champs.  This bodes well for them.