2019 NHL Playoffs

DON

36 minutes ago, Chris said:

those were both game 6's, 

game 7 is wed

Duh. I need to start working less and sleeping more. :(

Nevertheless, consider this as my prediction that the Caps will be out after Wednesday.

7 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

In the battle of Hitler (Leafs) vs Stalin (Bruins), I always choose Stalin. But once this series is over, it's imperative that its winner suffer crushing defeat.

Godwin's law in the ''2019 NHL Playoffs'' thread = ✔

I wonder how the best GM ever in history David Poile feels about being eliminated in the first round of the playoffs. I mean, every move he has made in the last half dozen years has been brilliant in comparison to our dummy GM, so how can the Preds lose? 

What happened to Tampa? I thought there was no point for any teams to load up at the trade deadline because the Cup was already handed out to the Lightning. One of the best regular season teams of all time didn't win 1 playoff game? 

Surely we all had Colorado over Calgary in 5 games. It wasn't too long ago that the Avs were in the hunt for 2 shots at the #1 draft pick, but I guess they had other plans. 

Carolina predicted by most to finish near dead last in the league going to game 7 with the defending Cup champs? What a bunch of jerks spoiling our preconceived notions of what a winning team is. 

Man I wish the Habs were in the middle of this chaos, I like my team and I think they would have just as good of a chance as any to make a deep run. 

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, illWill said:

I wonder how the best GM ever in history David Poile feels about being eliminated in the first round of the playoffs. I mean, every move he has made in the last half dozen years has been brilliant in comparison to our dummy GM, so how can the Preds lose? 

At least P.K. had 3 points to go along his -3 +/- 

cannot pin this on him

5 hours ago, illWill said:

What happened to Tampa? I thought there was no point for any teams to load up at the trade deadline because the Cup was already handed out to the Lightning. One of the best regular season teams of all time didn't win 1 playoff game? 

Surely we all had Colorado over Calgary in 5 games. It wasn't too long ago that the Avs were in the hunt for 2 shots at the #1 draft pick, but I guess they had other plans. 

Carolina predicted by most to finish near dead last in the league going to game 7 with the defending Cup champs? What a bunch of jerks spoiling our preconceived notions of what a winning team is. 

Man I wish the Habs were in the middle of this chaos, I like my team and I think they would have just as good of a chance as any to make a deep run. 

tenor.gif?itemid=3564673

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Who picked Carolina to finish last?

Many likely picked them to be bottom feeder once again,  after going 21st, 21st, 18th & 26th in the last 4 years and hadnt been in playoffs since 08-09.

2012-13 was the last year Babcock won a playoff series.

Great to see them lose to Bruins...NOW come on Columbus, another sweep (just too bad they have an idiot for a coach).

22 minutes ago, Neech said:

It's weird to cheer for Marchand and co.  That's a well-balanced team, Carlo and McAvoy are only 21 and 22 and both very solid top-4 defensemen.

Zero chance I cheer fir either. I wanted to lose first because the fans and media make me sick. But ain't cheering for Boston. 

10 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

Zero chance I cheer fir either. I wanted to lose first because the fans and media make me sick. But ain't cheering for Boston. 

If you were cheering for the Leafs to lose - and who wasn’t? - then by definition you wanted those pr*cks Boston to win. Let’s face facts.

That said, we are all Blue Jackets fans now...for one series at least.

Lucky for the NHL it is at least going to OT. Saves them some face. Vegas deserves this game. San Jose has no business being in this game except for a terrible 5 min/game call that should of at the maximum been 2 mins. 

Great entertainment value however.

Crazy game 7 in San Jose, Vegas must feel royally screwed on that call but it looked like Pavelski was murdered in real time.  Goodrow scores the winner with fresh legs after being benched for the first 15 minutes of OT. 

Gardiner with another performance that makes me leary about committing to him long term.  Then again, I once viewed Petry as the same kind of gaffe-prone puck-moving d-man and he's made huge strides since he was Gardiner's age.  The question is if there's room for two of those players on the same team.

2 hours ago, Habsfan84 said:

Lucky for the NHL it is at least going to OT. Saves them some face. Vegas deserves this game. San Jose has no business being in this game except for a terrible 5 min/game call that should of at the maximum been 2 mins. 

Great entertainment value however.

Very confused by that penalty myself. Jesus chara should have had 20 of those against the leafs.

The call was silly. That’s a two minute minor even in the regular season. For all that Vegas is whining about the game being stolen, however, all they had to do was run a decent PK and not give up four goals in four minutes ?

3 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

The call was silly. That’s a two minute minor even in the regular season. For all that Vegas is whining about the game being stolen, however, all they had to do was run a decent PK and not give up four goals in four minutes ?

No doubt.  That's crazy. 

3 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

This.  Or win game 5 or 6.

I also think the second Vegas goal was a high stick. I was shocked when that was allowed. Luck goes both ways. 

In the end, they collectively control emotionally during that 5 min PK. Can’t fall apart THAT badly and then blame the refs.